Completing Troop Detailed Assessment

Seems like a Council Commissioner trying to fill in a checkbox somewhere without actually doing anything......  "Why yes, our stalwart DC and UC teams have done XXX unit assessments, here are the forms.  They are very busy out with the units"

Personally, I would ignore it, what with generic e-mail and whatnot.  If the UC (whatever that may be) wants to come and sit down and do an actual assessment, then engage

47 minutes ago, Jameson76 said:

Seems like a Council Commissioner trying to fill in a checkbox somewhere without actually doing anything......  "Why yes, our stalwart DC and UC teams have done XXX unit assessments, here are the forms.  They are very busy out with the units"

Personally, I would ignore it, what with generic e-mail and whatnot.  If the UC (whatever that may be) wants to come and sit down and do an actual assessment, then engage

My thought as well.  I believe unit contacts by Commissioners goes into the District JTE.  

6 hours ago, ItsBrian said:

It says “complete one service project benefitting the CO”, but what if a Troop is chartered by a organization made by the parents?

Hmm, have a cookout for the parents?  Have games for the younger siblings. No adults allowed to cook or clean up. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Oldscout448 said:

Hmm, have a cookout for the parents?  Have games for the younger siblings. No adults allowed to cook or clean up. 

I don’t feel like that is a service project though. I don’t have this issue, but was just wondering for those that have that issue.

9 minutes ago, ItsBrian said:

I don’t feel like that is a service project though. I don’t have this issue, but was just wondering for those that have that issue.

Do a beautification project for wherever they meet: VFW, Moose Lodge, etc. paint a building, trim trees and bushes, plant flowers or whatever. 

On 6/1/2018 at 6:58 AM, ItsBrian said:

It says “complete one service project benefitting the CO”, but what if a Troop is chartered by a organization made by the parents?

My troop growing up was chartered by " A group of citizens".  Parents, etc... are community members. So a service project which benefits the greater community should suffice. For example, Is there a local park, or playground that tbe parents often use? Schedule a clean-up the park project.

Edited by DuctTape