Goodbye and Thanks for all the Fish.

TT: It is sad to see another reasonable voice tire of fighting the distortions.  God speed, good scouting (if you so choose), and good fishing!

Your avatar modification is priceless.

Thanks for all your time.

JoeBob

• Upvote 1

Tampa Turtle,

I am sorry to see you go.  The forum will be poorer without your voice.

It is sad to see the casualties of the recent changes.  I hope the moderators reflect on your statement.  There is nothing that could be posted here that would cause me distress and I hope the moderators don't feel undue pressure on our behalf.

I hope you continue Scouting and have many happy days of camping ahead of you.

• Thanks 3
26 minutes ago, mashmaster said:

I am sorry to see you go, we are all richer from your posts and poorer knowing we won't see them.   I hope the moderators realize the reticulations of their actions.

The reticulations or the ramifications? ;)

I too express my gratitude for all your contributions over the past few years, and my farewell to you as you move on to find greener pastures. May your road be blessed and your way be clear. 

• Upvote 2

Sorry to see you go John. While we've not always agreed on everything you've said you have always made your point with courtersy. You will be missed from these parts by those on every side of every debate. 

Its my belief that your most recent posts were no reason to ban you, they were, at worst, satirical and if satire has now become a reason to ban users then we live in sad times indeed. Your treatment has been heavy handed indeed.

Im sure we'll stay in touch and debate offline but I wanted to make my thoughts publicly.

Sometimes the only course of action left to us is to ride off into the sunset.        I suspect I'll be doing the same  soon.     We didn't always agree TT, but when we differed you always made me stop and think.    Sometimes I even changed my mind.     This place will be the poorer for your leaving,  A scout salute to you, and may God bless your path.

Oldscout448

22 hours ago, The Latin Scot said:

The reticulations or the ramifications? ;)

I too express my gratitude for all your contributions over the past few years, and my farewell to you as you move on to find greener pastures. May your road be blessed and your way be clear. 

Darn auto-correct.