And yet more changes - even Pedro is not spared

2 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

Everything CSE said about the BSA understanding and embracing the differences of the genders and supporting single gender instruction is a bald faced lie.  Actions speak louder than words.  

and they wonder why so many Scouters with decades of service are angry and disgusted.    Its not that we hate girls for Gods sake,   or even that we don't think they would be an asset to scouting,   its the simple fact that we hate being  lied to by those at the very head of our organisation.  Which by the way has as the first point of its law the word  Trustworthy.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK,   let me try to clarify my point as well.    National  obviously wants a coed program  they need the numbers ( read $) but is afraid of the reaction if they come out and say so.   So the

I think people get my point though.  Sure the BSA has an oath and law.  They are pretty generic statements.  They define a code of conduct by which we expect scouts to live.   The BSA gets i

So so dumb.  Everything CSE said about the BSA understanding and embracing the differences of the genders and supporting single gender instruction is a bald faced lie.  Actions speak louder than words

Just now, Oldscout448 said:

and they wonder why so many Scouters with decades of service are angry and disgusted.    Its not that we hate girls for Gods sake,   or even that we don't think they would be an asset to scouting,   its the simple fact that we hate being  lied to by those at the very head of our organisation.  Which by the way has as the first point of its law the word  Trustworthy.  

I actually asked someone at national the exact question "are you going to keep calling it boys life" and they told me yes. 

I feel straight up lied to by National. 

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, carebear3895 said:

I'm actually upset with this.....

Boys Life was actually one of the only magazines I knew geared towards young boys. There was 0 need to mess with it. 

Add a "girls life" if you wanted to be inclusive. 

Voice the displeasure.  We have to be vocal about these changes.   If Scouting could revert some of it's changes in the 70s, it can do so now.  

2 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

Everything CSE said about the BSA understanding and embracing the differences of the genders and supporting single gender instruction is a bald faced lie. 

Our CSE.... maybe needs to read up on the Oath and Law as he makes statements

Edited by Jameson76
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, carebear3895 said:

I actually asked someone at national the exact question "are you going to keep calling it boys life" and they told me yes. 

I feel straight up lied to by National. 

I bet they said "Yes...as of right now"

2 minutes ago, Oldscout448 said:

Voice it where?   to who?

the media, our councils? I know I'm dropping the Boys' Life subscription for my son.  

I'm sure Bryan Wendell was all in favor of this name change. 

8 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

Voice the displeasure.  We have to be vocal about these changes.   If Scouting could revert some of it's changes in the 70s, it can do so now.  

Don't just voice your displeasure. Cancel your subscription. Stop donating to FoS. Stop selling popcorn. In short, hit em where it hurts.

Edited by David CO
  • Upvote 3
Just now, Gwaihir said:

the media, our councils? I know I'm dropping the Boys' Life subscription for my son.  

I dropped my son's subscription as part of recharter.  They recently tried to entice me back with their "very best deal!" of a subscription offer that would have been more expensive than what I would have paid at recharter time.  🙄

38 minutes ago, Jameson76 said:

This is for our CSE....

And this is the sad truth.   It would seem that national is now no better than a political party.  Endlessly spinning the facts,  ever worrying about the "optics"  misspeaking   telling lies  when ever they believe it will further their agenda, playing with survey data.      

Ever since I first took the Eagle charge years ago, I have tried to remember that I represented all other scouts past and present.   Therefor I tried always to speak the truth as I saw it in all humility.  and told the Eagles I mentored to do the same.

Now I feel that I have been played for a sucker and a fool.  Me and every single earnest tenderfoot Scout who ever took the Oath and Law seriously.

Breaking Point?   

Yeah, pretty much.

Edited by John-in-KC
  • Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, Oldscout448 said:

Voice it where? to who?

Well, you probably won't want to hear this, but when folks like me were arguing in favor of gay scouts, gay scouters, and girls in the BSA, we weren't just talking about it on Internet forums. We were writing letters (not emails, typed letters, hand-signed and mailed) to various members of the Executive Board. We were donating money to groups like Scouts for Equality. We were signing petitions, making phine calls, and speaking up in any way that we could. 

This forum is great for discussion, but it doesn't actually give any of us a voice in any debate in a way that actually sways opinion. If you want to get things done, you should use your voice (and your pen, and your keyboard, and your printer paper and stamps) to be heard by anyone who you can find a phone number or mailing address for that can influence these things. 

I'd rather you didn't. 😉 But I'm just sayin', folks like me have been lound and clear on these issues for years, with the people making these decisions. If you haven't been, well, I think you can probably imagine how we got here then. 

Edited by FireStone
  • Upvote 2