And yet more changes - even Pedro is not spared

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK,   let me try to clarify my point as well.    National  obviously wants a coed program  they need the numbers ( read $) but is afraid of the reaction if they come out and say so.   So the

I think people get my point though.  Sure the BSA has an oath and law.  They are pretty generic statements.  They define a code of conduct by which we expect scouts to live.   The BSA gets i

So so dumb.  Everything CSE said about the BSA understanding and embracing the differences of the genders and supporting single gender instruction is a bald faced lie.  Actions speak louder than words

Wonder if Pedro (a male given name from/in Spanish, equivalent to Peter) will be given a more gender neutral name or will there be a new addition in XXXXX Life with a feminine twist

Edited by Jameson76

Branding imbeciles! What do they think girls who will engage the program to it's fullest really want?

{I'm sorry moderators, I am really doing my best to not cast aspersions, so if you can suggest a more scout-like synonym I will use it.}

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

So so dumb.  Everything CSE said about the BSA understanding and embracing the differences of the genders and supporting single gender instruction is a bald faced lie.  Actions speak louder than words.  Spinning off a brand new magazine for girls, have some overlap in articles but also showcase things outside of scouts that interest girls should have been the obvious direction.  

So so true - 

Missed opportunity to brand the Girls program for 11 - 17 year olds as something new, same requirements, but they will be the program not called Girl Scouts.  Then there is recognition  of the differences, Boy Scouts stays the same...win win

Same with youth oriented magazine.  Though honestly with the membership price increase we may keep annual troop dues the same and have the upcharge for Boys Life (or whatever Life)

12 minutes ago, Oldscout448 said:

well at least Pedro isn't wearing a skort.    

Yet

The National Meeting is still going one...so who knows

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, an_old_DC said:

Geez, if the geniuses at National tell us girls love the program and want everything Boy Scouts has to offer, why change the name, drop "Boys'" from "Boys' Life" etc.?

They have to change the program so that they'll love the program.  

It reminds me of we have to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it. 

• Haha 2