Ramadan Mubarak (Happy Ramadan) to our Muslim friends

How to wish your Muslim neighbors a happy Ramadan (May 16-June 15) and lots more info: “You can exchange Ramadan greetings by saying ‘Ramadan Kareem,’ which translates into ‘Have a generous Ramadan,’ or ‘Ramadan Mubarak,’ which roughly translates into ‘Happy Ramadan.’”

• Thanks 1

"Mubarak" is better translated "blessed".

As with most imperial tongues, the word or its variants has made it into many other languages, like Swahili. Thus our last POTUS was literally a blessing (at least according to his first name)!

4 hours ago, qwazse said:

"Mubarak" is better translated "blessed".

As with most imperial tongues, the word or its variants has made it into many other languages, like Swahili. Thus our last POTUS was literally a blessing (at least according to his first name)!

Thanks for the translation.  My post came from my church so I am no expert, I appreciate the info

Now that we have the context, I'm reminded of a joke:

There were two white Christian men, Adam and Jack, whose plane crashed in the desert. Luckily, they survived unharmed. As they traveled through the hot desert looking for food and water, they gave up and sat down, thinking of what to do.

As the dust in the air settled, they could see a mosque ahead. Jack became very hopeful but Adam said ''Muslims are there. They might help us if we say we are Muslim.'' Jack said ''No way, I won't say I'm Muslim, I'm gonna be honest''.

So Adam and Jack went to the Mosque and were greeted by an Arab Muslim. The Arab asked for their names.

Adam said, "My name is Muhammad." but Jack gave his real name.

"Jack, you must be hungry and thirsty," said the Arab, "Let us find you food and drink."

Then turning to Adam, he said "Salaam Muhammad. Ramadan Mubarak!"

• Haha 2