President Trump Eagle Letters

(I am not sure where to post this)

Not wishing to get political here or to critique modern day Eagle Scout coronations. 

My son#2 did his solicitation for congratulation letters for getting his Eagle (as that is what the practice has really evolved to) and, as many do, wrote the current President as well as all the living ex-Presidents, etc. It has been 4 months from when he sent in his for President Trump and never got anything. I checked around with the folks and scouts of other Eagle families and they all had the same experience. I was wondering if any one else on the forum knew of someone who got one?

I will say that the Bushes were the most prompt and 41 was the most polite.Sessions and Perry were quick too.  LOL my son gave up on some of the other cabinet members because the deck keeps getting re-shuffled.

21 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

Thanks. The previous two administrations seemed faster on this. My cheeky son sent requests to the President as well as the Special Council and saved opposite pages in his scrap book for them LOL. 

Not cheeky enough. He should have sent a check (from your tax-cut) to the treasury to cover the cost of the staffers' time to do the paperwork. :p

15 hours ago, qwazse said:

Not cheeky enough. He should have sent a check (from your tax-cut) to the treasury to cover the cost of the staffers' time to do the paperwork. :p

Military types seem to be the best about sending a note--I think a lot of ex-scouts.

Did he simply send a letter to the White House, or did he go through the White House Office of Greetings, the information for which is usually found through your Senator or Representative? The Office of Greetings is the department that actually processes requests for congratulatory letters.

16 hours ago, Cleveland Rocks said:

Did he simply send a letter to the White House, or did he go through the White House Office of Greetings, the information for which is usually found through your Senator or Representative? The Office of Greetings is the department that actually processes requests for congratulatory letters.

Office of greetings with a paper letter and an through the webpage that was suggested by the Senator's office.

I've heard there is often a delay on these after a change of administration. I have no idea how long of a delay is normal, or how long it takes to set up the presidential signing process after a new guy takes office, but I suspect that 16 months time is probably excessive.