I use both Invitation manager and online applications.   

For invitation manager I only use the email addresses I collect at various events.  I fill in dummy info for phone and address.  Once I receive an application or decline from the lead I close them out.  It is a great way to easily track leads and get them to your online app.

Online app works well 90% of the time. It eliminates typos between the paper app and what council enters in.  Also, it takes care of the BSA and Boys Life fee which is nice.  Finally, it is also useful as I can always go back online to get info about the scout... so it’s available everywhere.  

Some downsides is that current scout parents accidentally dual registered their scout and parents think they paid the full fee with the app when I approach the. For the Pack fee (it is clear on our application but parents don’t always understand).

Overall, I’ve had 30+ Scouts register online and would never go back to paper.

• Thanks 1

If you have a large list, try selecting a few then submit invitation request.  I’ve had trouble when selecting all on the list at once.  I also think Chrome works a bit better.  I just tested it on my iPhone using my own email address and it worked.  Hope this helps!

I think there is a button called select multiple or something like that.  Click that and then the checkbox next to several names.  After that the invite button should show up as clickable.  Click that and it should work... hopefully

17 hours ago, Cubmaster Pete said:

Nope.  You got it to work, so I am perplexed why the emails never show up when my.scouting says they were sent....

I mean it seems really slick, and a good way to keep track of things, if it worked...

Probably goes to spam. Most scouting emails I get go to spam.

Here is what I did

Chrome version 66.0.3359.139

open Invitation manager

click + New Lead

entered First Name, Last Name, email and phone number... clicked save

clicked Select Multiple 

Selected check box next to name(s)

Selected Send Invites

Selected Send

Name disappears from list, go to By Status

Select Invitation Sent

you should see the leads there

So most of us are aware of just how useful their COR is right !  Well they are the ones that have to sign off on these Online Apps and well waiting on them is like waiting on Gabriel to blow his trumpet.

It worked. For some reason they never showed in my work email (not in spam or anything), but when I used my personal email it did.

Crisis averted! 

I was under the impression that only adult applications needed to be approved by the COR, and the unit leader can approve youth. Am I correct?

• 4 weeks later...