Scout BSA Uniform Survey (Girls)

6 minutes ago, Hawkwin said:

I moved my scouts over to tan ASAP as I saw it as a way to both differentiate them from cub scouts and as a way to better prepare them to be (Boy) Scouts.

But I am still thrifty; daughter now wears son's old tan shirt. :cool:

The other issue is that the blue triangle Webelos patch is going away.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO, if there is "no gender" in Scouting, USA then the uniform - shirts and pants style should be the same for all.

I have a background in fashion design and patternmaking.  Can I tell you....  there is nothing more aggravating than BSA uniforms - particularly the fit of the pants.  Is this my opportunity to rant a

Definitely not.   If BSA wants to accommodate families who are very conservative about girls' clothing, that can be easily solved.  Just make the pants material available by the yard, and those g

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

The other issue is that the blue triangle Webelos patch is going away.

there is probably enough in Supply that it will be 2-3 years before they are out. And I bet a death by chocolate Dutch oven cake they will be a demand for them, and supply will make them again. Look at knee socks. They keep getting rid of them, and demand for them brings them back.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Chris1 said:

A current field shirt is not necessarily the best for outdoor field use ironically.

Does anyone actually wear the field uniform in the field? Between the cost of the uniforms and superiority of other fabrics when it comes to outdoor performance, I see no reason to encourage wearing something that will make you feel miserable or be expensive to replace if damaged.

17 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Does anyone actually wear the field uniform in the field? Between the cost of the uniforms and superiority of other fabrics when it comes to outdoor performance, I see no reason to encourage wearing something that will make you feel miserable or be expensive to replace if damaged.

The "field uniform" can now officially be the neckerchief and appropriate clothing for the activity. Besides myself, I have not seen any BSA member wearing it.

We wear the field uniform to summer camp morning and evening flags. Otherwise the boys leave it at home. I have given patches from my collection to boys who wear their uniform camping.

Except for the obscenely large patches, it is a nice wearable shirt. I like my canvas shorts. All other standard issue pants aren't worth my time.

1 hour ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

OK, I know officially starting June 11 2018,  all Webelos are SUPPOSED to be in the tan and green uniform. Me personally, I'd stay in a "vintage" blue Webelos uniform until he completely out grows it, or crosses over into Scouts, BSA. A Scout is THRIFTY :)

Wait wait wait wait wait - where did you hear this?! I haven't heard about this anywhere else; when did they announce this?

48 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Every camping trip, service project, field trip, round table, and event. 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Saltface said:

In my council uniforms are worn to everything. I was especially impressed by how well uniformed our district was during the entirety of Camporee weekend and Scout-O-Rama this past month. I gotta say, uniforms are being worn much more often and more correctly than when I was a Scout in this area growing up. So yeah - lots of people are still wearing the uniform on their activities. I guess just not where you live.

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Between the cost of the uniforms and superiority of other fabrics when it comes to outdoor performance,

On scoutstuff.com it looks like there used to be a supplex nylon shirt that has been discontinued?   Am I guessing right?   (  https://www.scoutshop.org/new-uniforms/ladies-fit-supplex-nylon-ls-shirt-609302.html )  What is the story here?   (I am completely new to BSA.)

6 minutes ago, The Latin Scot said:

In my council uniforms are worn to everything. I was especially impressed by how well uniformed our district was during the entirety of Camporee weekend and Scout-O-Rama this past month. I gotta say, uniforms are being worn much more often and more correctly than when I was a Scout in this area growing up. So yeah - lots of people are still wearing the uniform on their activities. I guess just not where you live.

To be accurate, everyone here wears uniforms to Camporee,  merit badge clinics, weekly meetings, breakfast and dinner at summer camp, and service projects that don't involve paint. You might say it really is a dress uniform. 

I'd feel rather foolish telling the Scouts that cotton kills people, then expecting them to wear it on a snow camp out or backpacking trip. 

13 minutes ago, Treflienne said:

On scoutstuff.com it looks like there used to be a supplex nylon shirt that has been discontinued?   Am I guessing right?   (  https://www.scoutshop.org/new-uniforms/ladies-fit-supplex-nylon-ls-shirt-609302.html )  What is the story here?   (I am completely new to BSA.)

That price doesn't look right at all. That shirt looks like the first iteration of the new uniforms. They weren't that great. Mine started wearing out in odd spots. 

5 hours ago, The Latin Scot said:

Wait wait wait wait wait - where did you hear this?! I haven't heard about this anywhere else; when did they announce this?

5 hours ago, The Latin Scot said:

What triangle patch? You mean the blue square patch? Where is this news from?

On the Early Adopter Facebook Page, there are or were a series of videos talking about the June 11 changes to the program since girls are coming aboard and Lions are now full fledged Cub Scouts. That video talked about the new books, new neckers, and new uniform  requirements for Webelos. They also mentioned that the Webelos diamond patch was being discontinued. Can't post the videos as the mods over there will ban you. That has happened once already, and I think they took down the video too. E'93 can confirm this.

6 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

On the Early Adopter Facebook Page, there are or were a series of videos talking about the June 11 changes to the program since girls are coming aboard and Lions are now full fledged Cub Scouts. That video talked about the new books, new neckers, and new uniform  requirements for Webelos. They also mentioned that the Webelos diamond patch was being discontinued. Can't post the videos as the mods over there will ban you. That has happened once already, and I think they took down the video too. E'93 can confirm this.

I can confirm (on topic and banning of those who share info they don’t want shared).  Next week is the National Meeting. I expect/hope official announcements come out then.