National Annual Meeting 2018 - May 23-25, Dallas

6 hours ago, Jameson76 said:

LDS decision is the LDS decision.  Possibly some LDS scouts will continue in non-LDS units but I am not versed in LDS family culture

For our LDS troop of 30 Scouts, I know of only two boys who are considering joining a non-LDS unit in 2020. Less than 10 percent - I think you will see that as a common statistic.

Edited by gblotter
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every married man knows that it is marriage that teaches men how to be subordinate to women. The boys will learn that soon enough.

I think the Brits have that already. It's called Rover Scouts.   

Of course boys need to respect and learn how to work with women. Who disagrees with that? These days, boys are surrounded by women in every aspect of there lives. During 7 years of schooling, my son h

Posted Images

19 hours ago, David CO said:

I think the Brits have that already. It's called Rover Scouts. ;)

FYI, Dog Scouts of America (DSA) already exists.

DSA Mission & Vision
To improve the lives of dogs, their owners, and society through humane education, positive training, and community involvement.

We envision a future where dogs remain in happy, lifelong homes with responsible owners. In this vision, all dogs are seen as a useful and welcome part of the community, because people take responsibility for socializing, training, containing, and caring for them.

http://dogscouts.org/base/

:D

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Haha 1
On 5/31/2018 at 12:07 AM, gblotter said:

My father-in-law attended the annual meeting in Texas. Kool-Aid flowed in abundance.

Everyone - yes, EVERYONE thinks girls in BSA is the greatest idea ever. The only reason anyone thinks badly of BSA is because the press has been plotting against them. Nothing needs to be fixed except the negative messages being portrayed by the media.

Family, family, family. Get on the train or get run over. The demise of century-old traditions - swept away with smiles and marketing speak.

Two high-ranking LDS leaders were there and spoke of the long and difficult decision to sever ties with BSA. It was not their choice - it was the will of God. Tears were shed.

Not a word was mentioned about huge debts and looming balloon payments. What could possibly go wrong?

Was the Press invited to the Annual Meeting? I have not found any independent media coverage of this event, just press releases from the BSA.