National Annual Meeting 2018 - May 23-25, Dallas

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every married man knows that it is marriage that teaches men how to be subordinate to women. The boys will learn that soon enough.

I think the Brits have that already. It's called Rover Scouts.   

Of course boys need to respect and learn how to work with women. Who disagrees with that? These days, boys are surrounded by women in every aspect of there lives. During 7 years of schooling, my son h

Posted Images

"BSA National Chairman Randall Stephenson will preside as the nominating, resolutions, and treasurer reports are presented. This action-packed general session will equip you as a key Scouter to provide leadership in 2018 and beyond."

Sounds thrilling.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Saltface said:

and treasurer reports are presented.

You have got to read the notes to really understand this one.

Questions and things to look out for:

• How will they continue to spin the Summit expenses and bond debt as a great thing?
  • How will they notate the issue with unfunded pension liabilities?
  • Will there be forward looking statements on all the expected new revenue from Family Scouting?
  • Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, ParkMan said:

While I'm sure important votes happen - always figured it was like watching CSPAN.

I expect anything public-facing to be smooth and bland. Anything contentious is probably done behind closed doors at invitation-only meetings.

19 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

Anything with $55 for the optional breakfasts are too pricey for this Scouter. I am sure all comments will be well managed.

$55 breakfast?  Assuming not the same bill of fare I had on my outing last week, by the way, it was fast, easy to prepare, and tasty

Image result for mountain house breakfast skillet

• 2 weeks later...

In the other events, they mention "gaining skills and knowledge to enrich your Scout Council " etc. etc.    Then they  have the "Spouse Program"....   but I see no mention of gaining knowledge and skills.... gotta love it.....

Edited by SSScout

Just saw rumor that we will have a new National Commissioner and new President.  Our current National Commissioner is LDS and will step down.  Unconfirmed rumor (the best type of rumor for scouter.com) is that Ellie Morrison will be the new Commissioner.  Supposedly to be announced Thursday.