Scouting BSA, the May 2nd Scout Me In Announcement

14 minutes ago, walk in the woods said:

Citizen @Jameson76,

It has come to our attention that your thinking and actions are not in line with expectations.  You are hereby ordered to cease and desist such behavior and thoughts.  Members of the Ministry of Insults and Strawman Argumentation (MISA) will be monitoring your future posts.  In the event you do not cease and desist with such behavior you will be assigned to Special High Intensity Reorientation Training (SHIRT) until such time as your behavior improves.  The liberal elite leaders of your movement understand the importance of resistance.  In the event resistance is required, you will be informed of the time, place, and manner of resistance expected from you.  We sincerely hope this matter is now closed.  ;)

Man...if I had a $1 for every Cease and Desist order I had been served....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The endgame for the BSA is the end to the phrases "boy scouts" and "girl scouts" in conjunction with it's program.  It's just "scouts" now. We don't say "girl venturers" and "boy venturers" - it'

BSA is definitely not communist. Don't you remember when we all took those surveys on this issue and BSA shared the voting results with us?

Fair enough question.  The name of the Boy Scout program is changing to Scouts BSA.  No one is going to call themselves a Scout BSA.  Boys are likely to continue to call themselves Boy Scouts in a mor

Posted Images

I’m sorry but, I hate all the name changes they are doing. “Scouts BSA” come on now... do you know how odd that would look on a uniform? It sounds like one of the knockoffs of the actual BSA.

27 minutes ago, Saltface said:

And yes, "girls are not welcome here" is the sentiment we want to convey.

So you're willing to wear a shirt, hold a banner, etc and look a young scout in their eye and tell them they aren't welcome?  Are you telling that to a kid? 

Or...

Are you trying to tell that to the organization and express your unhappiness about the change in policies? 

Because to me, those are two separate things. 

27 minutes ago, Saltface said:

And yes, "girls are not welcome here" is the sentiment we want to convey.

So you're willing to wear a shirt, hold a banner, etc and look a young scout in their eye and tell them they aren't welcome?  Are you telling that to a kid? 

Or...

Are you trying to tell that to the organization and express your unhappiness about the change in policies? 

Because to me, those are two separate things. 

2 minutes ago, mashmaster said:

results

Are you sure that was the internal survey and not the "recent survey of parents not involved with Scouting?" (Here they mean Scouting overall, not scouting scouting).

If so, please tell us about it.

37 minutes ago, Saltface said:

I have three daughters for which I wish I could find a quality female-only scouting program

Hmm, I wonder where you could find a quality scouting program for girls....have you thought about one of those Girl-Only Troops from that new organization - Scouts BSA?

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Are you sure that was the internal survey and not the "recent survey of parents not involved with Scouting?" (Here they mean Scouting overall, not scouting scouting).

If so, please tell us about it.

Honestly, it was in January and I expunged it from my brain.  basically the results matched their decisions.  but as someone who has done marketing before survey results can support just about any thesis if you do it right.