Scouting BSA, the May 2nd Scout Me In Announcement

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The endgame for the BSA is the end to the phrases "boy scouts" and "girl scouts" in conjunction with it's program.  It's just "scouts" now. We don't say "girl venturers" and "boy venturers" - it'

BSA is definitely not communist. Don't you remember when we all took those surveys on this issue and BSA shared the voting results with us?

Fair enough question.  The name of the Boy Scout program is changing to Scouts BSA.  No one is going to call themselves a Scout BSA.  Boys are likely to continue to call themselves Boy Scouts in a mor

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Saltface said:

BSA is definitely not communist. Don't you remember when we all took those surveys on this issue and BSA shared the voting results with us?

ummmm    No

I do remember the only place I or anyone in the district, well maybe the DE,heard that the surveys even existed was right here.

Edited by Oldscout448

I'm not going to get hung up on what the name of the program is called. I guess I should attend this month's committee meeting. I typically don't as an ASM. 

I still think the BSA is making a dumb decision by trying to have Girls Troops and Boys Troops. We are the largest troop in my town, and I don't think we'll get more than a patrols worth of girls that are interested, since the GSUSA troops in our area do fairly well. We don't have the spare adult leadership to accommodate separate troops. 

I'm perfectly ok if some units decide they want all male troops or all female troops. Or some type of co-ed troop. Let local units figure out their membership. I think the current Venturing YPT rules are sufficient. 

If I had my way, I'd have a co-ed troop with single gender patrols. 

Edited by Sentinel947
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, cocomax said:

The sad thing is the groups of girls out there that are reduced to wearing a simple sash or vest as a "uniform" that are stuck doing safe things like selling cookies and doing arts and crafts .  .  .    meanwhile the Boy Scouts of America just quietly lifted their brand name clean as a whistle.

No kidding.  Note that nowhere in this thread do we see "Camp Fire Girls" or "Campfire".  Mark my words, GSUSA, you're about to become similarly irrelevant ... and you've brought it all on yourselves.  My goodness, with the NY chapter of NOW thumping on us on the one hand and apparently genuine appeals from young ladies seeking "Eagle Scout" on the other, the BSA was straining credulity to ignore the situation. Talk about a gift horse.

If the GSUSA had promoted their Gold Award half as effectively as they've marketed Thin Mints and Do-Si-Do's we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Scouts BSA reminds me of when Kentucky Fried Chicken became KFC.  

Some one asked me who we send the bill to when we have to change our Boy Scout Troop Flag, t-shirts,  bolo, trailer, letterhead etc

The pros in my council keep saying we can accept girls into Cub Scouts in September.  The release says:

Starting this summer, all kids are invited to say, “Scout Me In,” as they join the fun, adventure and character-building opportunities found in Cub Scouts. 

I wonder what the actual answer might be.

2 minutes ago, mashmaster said:

Our Scout Executive showed them to us at our last University of Scouting.

Do you mean the survey was presented or you saw the results of the survey?