Scouting BSA, the May 2nd Scout Me In Announcement

43 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

"Scout Me In"?.... maybe the videos will sound better. I am a little underwhelmed. In Tampa we have had a number of these awkwardly worded noun/verb confusion slogans: (for Tampa visitors) "Tampa with me" and the hapless NFL Tampa Buccaneers "Siege the Day". Maybe we need @Cambridgeskip to teach us Continentals how to form proper simple sentences. I hear they got smart parents in his Troop.

Ooof, "Tampa with me"? As in, tamper? Interfere? Hmmm.

But yeah, don't ask us brits, we'll probably suggest Scouty McScoutFace these days.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The endgame for the BSA is the end to the phrases "boy scouts" and "girl scouts" in conjunction with it's program.  It's just "scouts" now. We don't say "girl venturers" and "boy venturers" - it'

BSA is definitely not communist. Don't you remember when we all took those surveys on this issue and BSA shared the voting results with us?

Fair enough question.  The name of the Boy Scout program is changing to Scouts BSA.  No one is going to call themselves a Scout BSA.  Boys are likely to continue to call themselves Boy Scouts in a mor

Posted Images

Just now, RememberSchiff said:

Not true. Less nonsense, more substance.

So boys can call themselves Boy Scouts, but girls can only call themselves Scouts?  

And it was a question, since when are legit questions considered nonsense?  

Less condescension, more kindness. 

Edited by Gwaihir
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

So boys can call themselves Boy Scouts, but girls can only call themselves Scouts?  

Doesn't matter one way or the other. Like I said less nonsense.

Edited by RememberSchiff

Just as some schools change mascots my guess is that some people will keep with the past name and call themselves Boy Scouts.  Girls and the most of the next generation boys “scouts” will probably go with “Scouts”.  That is what I have seen after mascot changes at schools that have flaired similar passions (older and current students stay with the previous version but the vast majority of new students move on).

I was a Boy Scout and I expect many current and past members will continue to use that name. That said, it doesn’t mean the name can’t change going forward and I tend to agree having one program name for 11-17 YOs makes sense (just like Cub Scouts and Venturing).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, RememberSchiff said:

Your nonsense was this false rumor. 

there is a question mark at the end of that.  It is a question, not a statement of fact.  If the 11-17 program is now called "Scouting" does that change what the youth are called? 

Cub Scouts are called Cub Scouts

Sea Scouts are called Sea Scouts

Venturers are called Venturers

Explorers are called Explorers

Are male Scouts age 11-17 still called "Boy Scouts" or just scouts?  

• Upvote 1
Just now, RememberSchiff said:

No change from yesterday, despite insinuations to the contrary.

So boys are still Boy Scouts and girls are just Scouts since CSE stated we cannot call them Girl Scouts?