How will you talk about girls troops and packs?

19 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

We mention the "Linked Troops" option and they are shocked and basically say it is discrimination (the words were "Second Class Scout Troop") and inferring complaints will be made.

As a supporter of BSA4G, I hope you stand as firm against those complaints as you would against anyone else that tries to threaten you over your membership policies. I will continue to defend your right to be boy-only if you wish. Those parents are free to start their own CO/Troop if they feel so strongly. I know I might face the same decision and hurdles for my daughter but I would never seek to force her onto her brothers CO if they don't want her. I don't imagine that would be a good scouting experience for either party.

• Like 1
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I expect the first complaint that makes it to the Tampa Bay Times and all parties will fold and we will go Co-Ed rules be darned. Linked Troops is clearly a short interim strategy--National will chang

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Hawkwin said:

As a supporter of BSA4G, I hope you stand as firm against those complaints as you would against anyone else that tries to threaten you over your membership policies. I will continue to defend your right to be boy-only if you wish. Those parents are free to start their own CO/Troop if they feel so strongly. I know I might face the same decision and hurdles for my daughter but I would never seek to force her onto her brothers CO if they don't want her. I don't imagine that would be a good scouting experience for either party.

I expect the first complaint that makes it to the Tampa Bay Times and all parties will fold and we will go Co-Ed rules be darned. Linked Troops is clearly a short interim strategy--National will change it to a Co-Ed option very, very soon. They just have to figure out how to spin it. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

I expect the first complaint that makes it to the Tampa Bay Times and all parties will fold and we will go Co-Ed rules be darned. Linked Troops is clearly a short interim strategy--National will change it to a Co-Ed option very, very soon. They just have to figure out how to spin it. 

This will happen in October of this year when the Web II girls realize that the snazzy active troop they may be visiting for AOL requirements with many outings per year, high adventure, etc she will not be able to join

The Pack leadership emailed everyone and advised Den Leaders to discuss it with their Dens.  We were too busy having fun and learning important stuff.  I never got around to it.

I finally told my 7 soon to be 8 year old son girls will be joining next year.  His reaction, as a typical little boy who thinks girls have cooties, was classic.  I don't have to worry about him.

• Upvote 1