More gems from Baloo...

8 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

Every time I've listened to representatives talking about the decision to bring girls to the program, they've cited that "it's already being done".  Professionals at my town hall meeting said this, the CSE stated it, national reps on leaked youtube vids stated it.  

Let's have less hearsay. I know of no instances where National allowed official membership contrary to policy at the time. If units had enrolled "unqualified" members, Council dropped their membership.

@NJCubScouter

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A part of me keeps hoping to wake up and discover this was all just a big joke. 

The new in-person course for 2018. 

Posted Images

Just now, RememberSchiff said:

Let's have less hearsay. I know of no instances where National allowed official membership contrary to policy at the time. If units had enrolled "unqualified" members, Council dropped their membership.

@NJCubScouter

I said "under the table".  If you're making packs co-ed and awarding badges under the table, it's not enrolling unqualified members, but you're circumventing the rules.  As I said, National spox stated "this was already happening" as a boon, not a bane, for their initiative. 

16 hours ago, CalicoPenn said:

Are you sure they were saying Cub Scouts should not carry their own water and not that Cub Scouts should not do water skits at a campfire?  Maybe they just got that confused.

Calico you hit on it.

If Cubs carry their own water then they will use it to fill verboten water pistols! 

Only leader approved water provided. Surprised National hasn't prohibited plastic bottled water since they keep finding microbeads of plastic in most of them I heard.

15 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

I said "under the table".  If you're making packs co-ed and awarding badges under the table, it's not enrolling unqualified members, but you're circumventing the rules.  As I said, National spox stated "this was already happening" as a boon, not a bane, for their initiative. 

"under the table" is a defacto "yes" as BSA policy is (now) to not too punish the youth for the idiocy of the adults. Therefore, my regrets to you fellow rule followers who lament your daughter will age out before 18 and meeting the Eagle requirements because somewhere, somehow some other girl will get it early--despite what National tells us--by units circumventing the rule. I suspect we will see a national media story to that affect before an official BSA announcement.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, RememberSchiff said:

Pretty sure the under the table girls participating and the "Aahh shucks" well units already have girls was a big talking point.  Valid observation they were never officially registered but it was one of the reasons cited for the changes.  Heck...we're doing it anyway

46 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

If Cubs carry their own water then they will use it to fill verboten water pistols! 

NOOO...Not water pistols!!!  Oh the humanity.  Next you will tell me they may have engaged in things like water balloon fights, noodle wars at the pools, or even "shudder" dodgeball.  Rumor has it some unit actually had (hope you are sitting down) cubs that picked up sticks and ran around pointing them at each other going "bang" "bang".  Luckily they were put into intense therapy to curb such foolishness.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jameson76 said:

Pretty sure the under the table girls participating and the "Aahh shucks" well units already have girls was a big talking point.  Valid observation they were never officially registered but it was one of the reasons cited for the changes.  Heck...we're doing it anyway

Saying that it was already going on and there is little National did (or could do) about it is different from "National has made it quite clear doing whatever you want (re: letting girls be part of the pack and giving them advancement under the table) is acceptable to them".  I have not seen nor read the latter.

Edited by RememberSchiff
1 hour ago, RememberSchiff said:

Saying that it was already going on and there is little National did (or could do) about it is different from "National has made it quite clear doing whatever you want (re: letting girls be part of the pack and giving them advancement under the table) is acceptable to them".  I have not seen nor read the latter.

Would agree.  But as BSA National really did not engage and do anything, were they not implicitly allowing it?  Not taking proactive actions in and of itself is in fact an action.

• Upvote 1