AP NEWS: Thousands of girls joining boys as Cub Scouts

6 minutes ago, qwazse said:

You mean the one that the adult is holding the trigger on? While the daughter stands behind with safety goggles, spotting?

All we see is conduct well within the intent of G2SS.

The girl is pulling the trigger. . .     the part that the adult is holding has no  on off control.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, if "packs are already doing it" is a valid reason to incorporate girls into BSA, why can't we push them to change the G2SS in the same manner?

Absolutely,  all scouts should be makers! My older son at 14 used a Bridgeport. At 21, he is using Haas CNC machines. My younger son at age 10 built birdhouses for a school fundraiser. He us

Based on the skew of the comments my guess is that this article is linked through a right wing site (Drudge, Fox, Breitbart, CNS, etc.).  If linked through a left wing site (Huffington Post, Daily Kos

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

Absolutely,  all scouts should be makers!

My older son at 14 used a Bridgeport. At 21, he is using Haas CNC machines.

My younger son at age 10 built birdhouses for a school fundraiser. He used a power drill, pneumatic brad nailer, and a wood branding iron.

IMO, adults should teach young people how to safely use tools and supervise their use. Old school.

If adding girls brings back a sensible tool policy to BSA, like the GSUSA has, what next? Squirt guns.

:)

If I could up vote this 1000 times I would!

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, cocomax said:

The girl is pulling the trigger. . .     the part that the adult is holding has no  on off control.

Sort of could go either way

image.png.aaa38c9b02dad0275c55eda0177e61c9.png

Edited by Jameson76
On 4/23/2018 at 9:15 PM, Hawkwin said:

But that being stated, NYC is investigating these women-only spaces for gender bias: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/women-only-coworking-space-the-wing-is-under-investigation-for-excluding-men.html

I don't mind wolf+ age children learning how to use power tools, I think that's actually a great thing... but I also think they should learn how to use hand tools too... Be Prepared, Physically strong and all that

That said,  she does look like she's pulling the trigger and if that's against the rules, risk mitigation for insurance purposes rules, she shouldn't be doing that.  

But hey, in 2018, it's established the Scout Law is: 

Loyal

Helpful

Friendly

Courteous

Kind

Cheerful

Thrifty

Brave

Clean

So whatevs 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

I don't mind wolf+ age children learning how to use power tools, I think that's actually a great thing... but I also think they should learn how to use hand tools too... Be Prepared, Physically strong and all that

That said,  she does look like she's pulling the trigger and if that's against the rules, risk mitigation for insurance purposes rules, she shouldn't be doing that.  

But hey, in 2018, it's established the Scout Law is: 

Loyal

Helpful

Friendly

Courteous

Kind

Cheerful

Thrifty

Brave

Clean

So whatevs 

Hey, if "packs are already doing it" is a valid reason to incorporate girls into BSA, why can't we push them to change the G2SS in the same manner?

• Upvote 3