Ok,reluctantly, because I was so chastized during the original post of this thread I am back again. But this time only to give everyone an update on the status of our pack. No wait, Our CHARTER ORGANIZATION'S PACK!

Just a little background to those who didn't catch the original post. I am with a pack that has three leaders who have been with the pack over 8 years and are ready to leave and no new leadership has come foward in the past few years to step in and keep the pack going. We went to our COR and he talked to the CO who did not have any advise or help for us. We then went to our DE, who basically said, you have a problem I will see what I can do to help you but it will have to wait till this capital fund raising deal is over with, I will get back to you. Still no word back from him and in fact I saw him over the weekend and gave him the same update I am about to give you and he had to think for like 5 minutes before he remembered me or what our problem was. Anyway back to the update... Finally last week we called a special meeting of all the parents in the pack. Just to show you how little the parents participate, we only had about half of the boys parents show up. None the less, I sat down with them and explained the situation that these three leaders were leaving and that if they wanted to keep the pack alive, it was their turn to step up to the plate. After about 10 minutes of sitting there in silence with everyone's mouth gapped open in disbelief, we actually had one mother to say she would become a den leader, and another to say she would consider being a tiger leader. So now all we need is one more to step in and we will have enough leaders to keep things rolling. One of our existing leaders who isnt leaving at this time said he would step up as CM. I left the meeting open ended, telling the parents that we would stay on through September to help them in anyway they needed and to get them through roundup.

I sympathize. I was in essentially the same situation back when I was the CM. I gave the parents similar notice and said I would stay to help until the new CM felt comfortable taking over. Two years later one of them stepped forward to take the position. I don't regret a minute of it.