Would you say anything

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your son is being picked on by an adult. I would drop all of the other issues and focus on that.

I wouldn't be very patient on this.  I would speak directly w/ the SM and/or CC, possibly the CO rep if the CO is involved in the Troop (some are/some aren't).  The yelling and screaming (coupled w/pr

Yes, thank you for articulating my feelings. I’m not thrilled by the situation, and if my son was upset, or didn’t want to continue, I’d be livid. But...he’s not.  What he took away was that, yes, ASM

So, the SE called me today.  He was actually very clear about next steps— he’ll meet with the ASM (along with the SM and COR) on Monday.  He said if there are excuses made, or it happens again, he will pull ASMs membership.  So!  There we go.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

@bearess just curious as to whether or not there may have been any final resolution to this...if you might be willing to share?

Yours is the first case I know of where a council has addressed a report of a non-physical, i.e .verbal or psychological abuse so I'm very curious as to what action (if any) may have been taken

Sure!  I don’t know all the details, but here is what I do know.  He is no longer an ASM, but is still a member of the Committee.  He accompanies the Troop on campouts as a parent, but that’s all.  

I am glad I reported it— the Scoutmaster said that it really “empowered” him, whatever that means.

• Like 1