History of Eagles per patrol

So let me get this straight. You crossed over as a patrol of five, then nobody quit until they got their bird?

We've had entire dens of boys earn Eagle, but they did so in different patrols and different troops.

50 minutes ago, Scout12 said:

Just wondered how common or scarce is it to have all patrol members Eagle? (Five in all)  Thanks!

Do you mean "have all patrol member earn their Eagle," or "have all patrol members who are Eagles?" I can't tell if you are using Eagle in the nominal adjectival sense, or heaven forbid, as a verb, lol.

46 minutes ago, The Latin Scot said:

I can't tell if you are using Eagle in the nominal adjectival sense, or heaven forbid, as a verb, lol.

I think he is using it as a verb, but he wouldn't be the first person to do so in this forum.  :)

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, qwazse said:

@Hawkwin, do you know if the boys were in the same patrol? It looks like it from the patches that we can see.

Yes, in our area, dens cross over as a single patrol. Occasionally, if a single scout crosses over or a small den crosses over, then they will be combined with an exist patrol.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess it depends on the troop.  My son's year we had 21 cross over into the troop.  They went into the 6 existing patrols.  Over the next 7 years 13 attained Eagle.  Ones that did not pretty much dropped out within first 2 years for a variety of reasons. 

The main high school lists Eagle Scout in the graduation program.  Ours is the big troop in the area and it is nice to see all the Scouts listed each year that attend there.

Edited by Jameson76