Water / Bottle Rockets ?

8 minutes ago, qwazse said:

Per my rule #1 (Never ask for a rule, or someone will fabricate one for you, and you'll eventually regret it.) I've never asked about more than what BSA has published under the G2SS pages, and although we may disagree about what should be in or out, this is one instance where they keep your hands from being tied.

I agree, NEVER ask. 

And, if you are confronted, many times you can raise a convincing argument for continuing. That happened several times. 

Is the Cubmobile still allowed? They are as much fun to build as they are to drive.

Barry

1 hour ago, Eagle1993 said:

Yes ... we plan to use this as our build it adventure next Monday month.

A few suggestions: Restrict the turning radius so the scouts can't turn so sharp they are thrown off the car or turn into the other cars. 

Don't let scouts use the rope for turning because it tends make operating twice as hard causing more risk of loosing control. Loosing control doesn't mean a risk of injury, it means the scout will have to get off the car to straiten it out. Advise the scouts to keep both hands on the brake. It's just easier.

And don't install seat belts. A scout is safer falling clear of the cub mobile than getting dragged by it.

All lessons learned from experience. If I make it sound dangerous, it's not really, but a few trials learning how much slope they need and how wide the streets need to be did cause some stressful runs. Stress for the adults, not the scouts. But I can honestly say we had no sever injuries over the hundreds of races over the years. All scouts left (even Tigers) finished with a big smile on their face. It even became a district event for several years. 

Barry 

Edited by Eagledad
  • Thanks 1