Obsolete Parches/Belt Loops

I just want through our Pack inventory and have a bunch of old patches.  I was thinking of simply throwing them out but thought I would first ask if anyone had previously thought of creative uses for old patches.  

I concur with @Chadamus ; some of those could find surprising uses, or if not that, at least loving collectors. Heck, I admit I am curious myself about what you have stored there! If there's anything interesting I claim first dibs! I have only barely begun to dip my toes in the vast world of Scouting collections, but whatever you have I would be curious to know abou!

Edited by The Latin Scot

We'd have this happen in our pack from time to time.  We'd usually just setup a "free to a good home" table and let scouts claim them.  For us, it was usually just campout patches - so no big deal about just handing those out.

Maybe take them to a roundtable and let folks take what they want.  There are likely some collectors in the council - probably someone at the office can put you in touch.  Check with someone from the OA lodge.

This also seems like a good opportunity to bump this thread:  

• Upvote 1