He is Such a Boy Scout

"Oh he is/ I am such a Boy Scout."

When I hear this, my mental reflex is to ask , "Oh so he/you were in scouts?" Often the answer is a disappointing no, make that annoying too.

So this morning, I read New York Mayor Bill de Blasio is answering questions about his campaign fundraising.  His wife used the Boy Scout defense.

The revelations in Central Islip federal court came hours after First Lady Chirlane McCray tried to blunt Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano, Harendra Singh Singh’s earlier, damning testimony by insisting that her hubby was “such a Boy Scout” that he’d never break the law.

“I am fortunate in that I married a Boy Scout,” McCray said with a laugh on the Gotham Gazette’s “Max & Murphy” podcast.

“He is such a Boy Scout. He didn’t do anything wrong. I know he didn’t do anything wrong. He knows he didn’t do anything wrong.”

A de Blasio spokesman Tuesday said the mayor was never an actual member of the Boy Scouts of America, but Hizzoner did call on the youth group to lift its ban on gay adult leaders shortly before it did so in 2015.

Now, I think the BSA needs to respond forthwith and hereto and... I see two options. Get Legal involved and obtain a cease and desist order on Ms. McCray from misrepresenting her husband as a Boy Scout.  Or, call a press conference (sure add some Girl Cub Scouts) with the Mayor, award him a Bobcat badge and then spin him:D

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Upvote 1

Don't worry use of the term will fade unless BSA4G does go like gang-busters and makes a profound cultural influence on this second-generation of post-modern nomads. In which case, it would be gratifying to hear someone refer to a public figure with "she's such a boy scout."

Edited by qwazse