ScottishNaomi

Getting my daughter to wear her jacket whilst on camping trips.

14 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

Perhaps we are all being trolled by some Russian who is trying to divide us Scouters by a controversial jacket post. 

I vote Turing test.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Jacket wearing 8 yr olds could be code for something else...

Could be. John has a long mustache from Longest Day :)

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Haha 2

Well, the nice thing is that as a community and comrades, we tackle whatever posts come up and handle them respectfully all around as much as we can, with a few oops now and then.  And we don't resort to undermining tactics or name calling.  No matter what the rest of you disgraceful low-life no-nothings think.  :) 

6 minutes ago, Buggie said:

Well, the nice thing is that as a community and comrades, we tackle whatever posts come up and handle them respectfully all around as much as we can, with a few oops now and then.  And we don't resort to undermining tactics or name calling.  No matter what the rest of you disgraceful low-life no-nothings think.  :) 

I would NEVER call you simple minded or obtuse.

Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:48 AM, RememberSchiff said:

... is rather odd...

...as opposed to the rest of us sane, rational, and perfectly normal scouter.com members.

Some day, you must explain to me how I managed to sneak past your screening process. I thought using the sanitarium as my address might be a dead giveaway.

Edited by David CO

Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, ScoutTN said:

She posted the same thing on at least four other sites recently. An odd topic for someone pot-stirring.

That may be true. But is it any less odd that you would have spotted it on so many obscure, diverse, and unrelated web sites?

I can't help but wonder if the two of you are actually acting together to tag-team us in some sort of inside joke.

Edited by David CO
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2018 at 1:11 PM, David CO said:

That may be true. But is it any less odd that you would have spotted it on so many obscure, diverse, and unrelated web sites?

I can't help but wonder if the two of you are actually acting together to tag-team us in some sort of inside joke.

I only noticed it here because it had drawn attention on a homeschooling board I read sometimes. Her other posts were pointed out there, so I knew of them second-hand. I have never been on the other two, except to follow the link and make sure her posts were, in fact, there. 

I am only here occasionally, so when that post was at the top of the page when I logged on, it jumped out at me. 

On 4/12/2018 at 5:48 AM, RememberSchiff said:

I Your suspicion appears warranted, but we moderators would need proof that she/he was the same person to take action regarding your concern of dishonesty or other violations of Scout Oath and Law.  FYI,  members usually issue a report on questionable or unscoutlike posts.

@NJCubScouter @LeCastor

Sorry to have not followed board ettiquette or scout protocol here! :unsure:  

The other boards I read work somewhat differently. 

I only intended to alert posters to a likely fraud so they wouldn't waste time and energy on thoughtful replies.   

• Thanks 1