Personal Fitness Requirements

I'm finally starting personal fitness, meeting with my counselor tonight. But going over the requirements once more a few days ago since I forgot since the last time I looked at it.

I'm so glad I did not wait any longer to start it, I did not recall seeing 12 month period of exercise for improvement. 

What do you think about it taking a year to complete one merit badge?

12 minutes ago, ItsBrian said:

I'm finally starting personal fitness, meeting with my counselor tonight. But going over the requirements once more a few days ago since I forgot since the last time I looked at it.

I'm so glad I did not wait any longer to start it, I did not recall seeing 12 month period of exercise for improvement. 

What do you think about it taking a year to complete one merit badge?

Physical fitness can't be achieved in a short period of time. Unless it were to be turned into a bookish topic, with scouts just reading about and writing a paper about personal fitness, I don't see how it could be done any other way.

Your goal should be actual physical fitness, not just the merit badge.

Edited by David CO
1 hour ago, qwazse said:

@ItsBrian take a look at the requirement again! If you read https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/merit_badge_reqandres/personal_fitness.pdf carefully, you may be relieved (by about 3/4). :happy:

Oops! Guess studying for child development and looking at requirements at the same time isn’t good :)

Edited by ItsBrian
  • Haha 2