Age to go to Cub Scout Resident Camp without parent

I am the cubmaster of a pack with about 30 scouts. We set a date for our pack to go to the local council's resident cubscout pack in July. (3 days at the resident camp.) I have At least 5 leaders going along. As I understand it, the rules for our council are that one adult can supervise up to 4 scouts. So the 5 leaders could take up to 20 scouts. What I have been telling my pack is that if the scout will be a weebelo or arrow of light, they could go without their parents if their parents approve. If the scout will be a bear, wolf, or tiger, they must have their parent or guardian to go scouting. 

I really expect that no parents will take me up on the offer to send their scout without the parent, but we have done it before. We only have 4 scouts that will be arrow of light by the summer. And we have about 9 bears that will be weebalos. but 3 of the leaders are bear den leaders, (and another bear parent) so I think they will be well supervised. 

My question is this, have you ever gone to resident camp with a scout without the scout's parent? What would you watch out for? How would you alter your plan if you had to do it again?

3 hours ago, CubMasterDan said:

My question is this, have you ever gone to resident camp with a scout without the scout's parent? What would you watch out for? How would you alter your plan if you had to do it again?

Yes.

What they are eating - mess hall food vs snacks they bring vs snacks they buy at camp store.  Definitely need a Snack policy or Snack Czar.

Make sure any cuts and scrapes are handled. A supply of large bandaids, some of us call them "Cub Scout" bandaids  comes in handy. Get to know camp nurse.

Have a large selection of games and songs for anytime - they are waiting in line, back at camp, at the campfire, rain...

Most scouts have been to camp before and know the routine which they quickly show the new  younger scouts ( a prelude of Boy Scouts). But don't assume, case in point bug repellent and  sun screen application.

Check all tents, especially cots each morning. Have a response for bedwetting. Sometimes parents will inform. Bring extra sleeping bag(s). Find out if the camp has a washer and dryer available.

I have experienced few home sickness cases,  but maybe that was just luck.

Hope this helps.

The bed wetting challenge can be mitigated to some extent by having the youth keep a "pull-up" underwear in a ziplock bag in his sleeping bag, which he changes into at night, in the privacy of his sleeping bag. The following morning he changes out of the wet pull-up, again,  in his sleeping bag, and places the wet item back into the ziplock bag. None of his pals will ever know. It can be disposed of discretely by an adult. This can be practiced at home beforehand.

To keep things simple, our Pack expects a parent to accompany their child to resident camp, including Webelos.