This is just a reminder to everyone out there to be sure to register to vote in time for this coming election. If you're not registered, don't procrastinate. Do it now! I don't care if you're a Democrat, Republican, Independent, Green, Libertarian, Federalist or other. Register soon and be sure to vote.

Also, if you have any "just turned 18" people in your troop/crew, be sure to tell them to register.

The United States of America is suppose to be the beacon of democracy for the entire world, yet we have a horrible voter-turnout rate. Do your part to fix that.

In Washington State you don't have to be 18 at the time you register to vote, just be 18 by the time the election rolls along. Other states may do this also. Remember there are deadlines to meet in order for you to get on the voting lists in time for the election.

Again depending on the state, you may get voter registration cards from the county and hold your own voter registration drive. A good unit service project to help to introduce scouts to the political process without being "political".

In Michigan and Illinois, you can register to vote when and where you register your car. I had no problem with it in Michigan, but did have problems when I did it in Illinois.

The point is that everyone eligible needs to register and vote.

Unc.