3 hours ago, Cambridgeskip said:

I'll have a £5 bet on the announcement being;

1. The name of the organisation will change from Boy Scouts of American to either BSA or Scouts or America

2. The 11-17 program will change its name from Boy Scouts to Scouts.

Simples!

I'll take that bet. Let's face it, your proposal is reasonable.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is pretty much the exact same argument folks had when the BSA announced that it would allow gay boys in Scouts but allow Troops to make their own decision on whether to include gay boys or not. 

It's Tuesday and apparently there was a survey and the survey was of people (families) that are not involved in the Boy Scouts of America  at this time (in fact some do not even live on this planet mu

@Tampa Turtle  Thank you. I am actually not walking away from BSA - BSA walked away from me. I have stayed the same - Scouting has changed. I am not leaving in protest and anger. Rather I am

Posted Images

4 hours ago, The Latin Scot said:

1. Skorts

2. A cub scarf

3. New roll-up capris for the lady-folk

4. Cub scout leggings (ugh)

5. New color options for derby car tires

Ask my boys and they all want BSA uniform gym shorts and gym pants!

More info from another FB site...

This information just in: 

This evening, councils received word that communication about two items will be shared tomorrow, 5/2/18:

1) The new name for the current Boy Scout program to be effective in February 2019 when girls are welcomed.

2) The new marketing campaign featuring Family Scouting in the Cub Scout program.

Please monitor Scouting Newsroom, Scouting Magazine's "Bryan on Scouting" blog, the BSA social channels, and the Family Scouting page at scouting.org tomorrow (Wednesday).

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Oldscout448 said:

yup, in the  Great Screw Up of '72

Bet I still have a shirt with that on it somewhere in the attic

I think I have one too, down in my basement. An old dark green Explorer/Leadership Corps shirt. You had to buy the little embroidered strip with the appropriate label (Explorers or Scouts) for your use separately. 

Moderators... there are now three threads that could start this discussion.  It deserves its own thread so I’d recommend deleting my comment and moving @qwazse comment to @John-in-KC new thread.  Otherwise chaos will consume this forum....

Time for some coffee....

• Thanks 1