• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is pretty much the exact same argument folks had when the BSA announced that it would allow gay boys in Scouts but allow Troops to make their own decision on whether to include gay boys or not. 

It's Tuesday and apparently there was a survey and the survey was of people (families) that are not involved in the Boy Scouts of America  at this time (in fact some do not even live on this planet mu

@Tampa Turtle  Thank you. I am actually not walking away from BSA - BSA walked away from me. I have stayed the same - Scouting has changed. I am not leaving in protest and anger. Rather I am

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

But...but...but people here PROMISED we would stay 'Boy Scouts of America!'. I am shocked, shocked in advance I tell you. 

If such is the case, can we use the phrase "Boy Scouts of America" as an object of resistance #resistance?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

I expect a few folks to hit the "Boy" a bit loudly at the next meeting.

No hitting the Boy... specifically verboten in YPT 2.0

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Saltface said:

If such is the case, can we use the phrase "Boy Scouts of America" as an object of resistance #resistance?

Viva La Resistance!!!

Image result for le mis

5 minutes ago, Jameson76 said:

It's Tuesday and apparently there was a survey and the survey was of people (families) that are not involved in the Boy Scouts of America  at this time (in fact some do not even live on this planet much less this particular dimensional plane) but they were overwhelming supportive of and interested in possibly becoming involved with an organization that perhaps was not named Boy Scouts of America and then there was a vote of the National Board of the currently named Boy Scouts of America and the vote was 123.2% in favor of possibly changing the name to something else (sadly Dallas Cowboys, Manchester United, and New York Yankees were already taken) and the hope is that the new name will generate a tremendous amount of revenue what with merchandising and knick knack sales that will help support the underfunded pension liabilities and balloon payments for the currently named Summit Bechtel Reserve and drive hundreds of thousands more youth and adults to join the newly renamed and rebranded organization

My money's on the new name being "Randall Stephenson's Low-Risk Exclusively-Indoor After-School Program for AT&T Middle Management."

Edited by Saltface
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

But...but...but people here PROMISED we would stay 'Boy Scouts of America!'. I am shocked, shocked in advance I tell you. 

The organization is still going to be the "Boy Scouts of America."  The question raised by Mashmaster's post is whether there is still going to be a program within the BSA called "Boy Scouts."  I guess what we are going to find out is whether there are going to be two programs or one program at the age 11-17 level, and if there is one, what it is going to be called, and if there are two, what the name of the program for girls is going to be.

I really hope they stick with the single-gender concept at age 11-17.  And keep the name "Boy Scouts."

• Upvote 2

I'll have a £5 bet on the announcement being;

1. The name of the organisation will change from Boy Scouts of American to either BSA or Scouts or America

2. The 11-17 program will change its name from Boy Scouts to Scouts.

Simples!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Are those GSUSA Girls in there? :) 

It's all good...they identify as Boy Scouts

download.jpg

We are well down that road

Just now, Cambridgeskip said:

I'll have a £5 bet on the announcement being;

1. The name of the organisation will change from Boy Scouts of American to either BSA or Scouts or America

2. The 11-17 program will change its name from Boy Scouts to Scouts.

Simples!

There you go again with that Cambridge logic. Maybe it will be the "NRA Scouts". That will confuse things. :) 

Anyway I got a COH and a ECOH to work on.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Jameson76 said:

It's all good...they identify as Boy Scouts

download.jpg

We are well down that road

In the absence of real information, what else are we supposed to do?

Edited by Saltface
  • Upvote 1