Info came from a Facebook group I am a member of. Info came from someone in Nationals.   More pics below.  This is a bit of a flashback to the old cover designs. 

1940s Wolf Book is also shown   

161DDF16-3C0B-46C8-8B3C-78D4EF8E412C.jpeg

6C9B0BD6-41E0-47ED-844B-77E1638B0037.jpeg

451B8CF7-C91A-4CF9-80DE-B768A9ADEDE6.jpeg

13D09CB0-71B0-4AAE-B1EF-2D6AC5E0F53E.jpeg

2A0AA801-3D2A-4893-85AE-A9E02D8E73D0.jpeg

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is pretty much the exact same argument folks had when the BSA announced that it would allow gay boys in Scouts but allow Troops to make their own decision on whether to include gay boys or not. 

It's Tuesday and apparently there was a survey and the survey was of people (families) that are not involved in the Boy Scouts of America  at this time (in fact some do not even live on this planet mu

@Tampa Turtle  Thank you. I am actually not walking away from BSA - BSA walked away from me. I have stayed the same - Scouting has changed. I am not leaving in protest and anger. Rather I am

Posted Images

Note the color changes as well.  Each den has a color which will match hats, neckerchiefs, belt loops and books.  I believe Webelos neckerchiefs are still plaid.  Have no idea how many girl pictures are present, I’ve just seen outside covers.  Note that these should be available starting June.

Interesting. I guess I'm down for the whole retro-vibe, although it's still drably executed. As for the color "changes," they've actually been pretty consistent with coordinating color schemes for a long while now, with the one exception of the Wolves wearing yellow hats and neckers as a holdover from the days when all Cubs simply wore blue and gold. Otherwise the Wolves have been using red as their color for many years now. I suppose it was inevitable that they would eventually switch entirely to their red color scheme, but I will miss seeing Cubs in the classic blue and gold in any case. 

As long as my Webelos stick to the plaid and don't go to a straight green any time soon, lol.

EDIT: I also feel somewhat irked that the Webelos Handbook does not feature the Arrow of Light, nor even mention it, as it should. It's frustrating that the highest rank in Cub Scouts doesn't even make an appearance on its own handbook.

Edited by The Latin Scot
  • Upvote 2
34 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Note the color changes as well.  Each den has a color which will match hats, neckerchiefs, belt loops and books.  I believe Webelos neckerchiefs are still plaid.  Have no idea how many girl pictures are present, I’ve just seen outside covers.  Note that these should be available starting June.

Wouldn't complain if they picked something other than an ear of corn for Webelos. The blue "W" looks nothing like such plastered over the Scout badge. I think I went at least three years in cub scouts thinking it was some throwback to farming before I read the history on the symbol and learned otherwise.

I believe we will be getting new Scout books sometime in the summer as well, in preparation for the Feb eligibility of girls in Scouting.

My local national scout shop has told me that supply of existing books is drying up.

Based on the timeline, it looks like girl troops go active in February 2019.  I don't see early adopters on the timeline.

32 minutes ago, ham_solo said:

I believe we will be getting new Scout books sometime in the summer as well, in preparation for the Feb eligibility of girls in Scouting.

My local national scout shop has told me that supply of existing books is drying up.

Scout Shops are already out of the spiral bound Handbooks.

• Thanks 1

The new books are printing as we speak.  They should hit the shelves in June.  I’m glad to see the requirement updates integrated.  It will  also be nice to see the gender updates for those of us with girls in our pack.  

On 3/16/2018 at 12:38 PM, Treflienne said:

Really? No pockets in the skort?!  Didn't they realize that girls would want pockets, just like the boys?  I hope they don't feminize other aspects of the program to "accommodate" the girls.

Just last week I heard a group of 6th-8th girls complaining that it was no good that girls' pants (unlike boys' pants) don't have pockets.

And really, at the cub age, the girls can wear exactly the same clothes as the boys, anyway.

what if the girls don't want to wear what the boys wear?  Do you tell those girls to sit down and shut up? 

On 3/23/2018 at 12:43 PM, Hawkwin said:

Wouldn't complain if they picked something other than an ear of corn for Webelos. The blue "W" looks nothing like such plastered over the Scout badge. I think I went at least three years in cub scouts thinking it was some throwback to farming before I read the history on the symbol and learned otherwise.

Aw, hey now, I LOVE our logo! Of course it may be due to my bizarre love for the letter "W" but I have always thought the imposition of the W on the flear-de-lis was always rather clever. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

I have been closely following a FB page that seems to have reliable information.  I don’t believe any naming for the girl Boy Scout program has been finalized (at least released to Councils); however they are close as the name is supposed to be announced at the NAM in May.  Many high ranking BSA volunteers are supportive of simply using Scouts and Troop; however, they have been clear that there is no official name yet and they are not in the know.  I won’t believe anything regarding a name until it is officially announced. 

Note there are some interesting updates...

Linked Troops can have identical numbers.  This came through some questions in a FAQ.  Scoutnet will be able to tell is it is a girl or boy Troop, but again, linked Troops can have the same number.

The new uniform went through reviews (there was a showing April 9 to a limited set of people).   What I found interesting was this comment from a BSA National professional:

“ Thank you for all the comments.  Let me assure you that the uniforms that we are testing are for boys and girls.  We are not planning different uniforms, however, we may have some additional options like skorts or capri options that are for girls - those are being tested.”

There will be NO early adopter program for Troops.

So info is slowly coming out but nothing official on the name.  

16 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

Linked Troops can have identical numbers.  This came through some questions in a FAQ.  Scoutnet will be able to tell is it is a girl or boy Troop, but again, linked Troops can have the same number.

this is a joke.  if they're the same #, in the same council, under the same charter...  they're the same troop.  national can say the troops aren't co-ed all they want, but every brick in the foundation they're building is for turn-key co-ed troops.  

• Upvote 1