WOW! Different Den Meeting

Today was pretty much the first sunny day in many many days.  May have something to do with it.  The boys were all over the place today.  I think each boy was also threatened by their parents that they were going home if the didn't settle down.  One scout did get pulled out halfway through the meeting by a parent (another leader) then made the boy come apologize after.  It was nice to see all the parents stepping up and trying to keep their boys in line.

• Like 1

You will have days like this. The balance between discipline and fun is always hard for young ones to figure out. (My poor Webelos DL ... we kids sure gave him a run for his money. And this was back when parents dropped off and picked up.)

4 hours ago, ParkMan said:

It's tough sometimes - particularly with the younger cubs. 

I had a few meetings where I just bailed on my plans and said - let's go do something outside or even just play a game.

Leaders need to be taught to not be afraid of just going outside and letting the boys burn energy. My son has told me many times that those were some of his most memorable fun meetings. I ran two 1.5 hour den meetings a month and at least 30 minutes were given to high energy game time.

Barry