Job opening at National

Position: Associate Organizational and Leadership Development 
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Human Resources
Position location: Irving, TX 75038

Job Overview:
Supports the strategic priorities of Organizational and Leadership Development through close partnership and guidance from the Team Leader, Organizational and Leadership Development. Serves as an integral member of the business unit’s team with responsibility for supporting all key functions, to include: Organizational Culture, Succession Management, Change Management, facilitation and other needs, as requested.

Primary Responsibilities:

• Provides daily support (e.g. communications, scheduling, facilitating partnerships, managing administrative aspects, initiating processes, etc.) within scope of authority, to all the business unit’s areas of responsibility through close partnership and guidance of the Team Leader, Organizational and Leadership Development
  • Works closely with Team Leader, Organizational and Leadership Development and team members to ensure that all reports, schedules, and other deliverables are accurate and complete. Supports communications to varied stakeholders.
  • Schedules work sessions, meetings, and events in accordance with functional needs and related timelines. Supports the success of scheduled events. Communicates with varied stakeholders pre, post, and during all scheduled events.
  • Serves as primary person responsible for and coordinates projects in support of key strategic initiatives as identified and/ or requested, may be self-initiated.
  • Makes recommendations to improve or develop processes, programs, tools, and interventions to support the work and goals of organizational development. Coordinates and supports implementation of approved changes.
  • Assists in the preparation of bi-annual budget and monitors expenses with Team Leader, Organizational and Leadership Development. Orders supplies, approves and/or processes invoices for payment (within scope of authority). Supports financial accounting for all OD cost centers to include monthly report generation, account validation. Creates, validates, and generates monthly reports.
  • Initiates and implements processes (within scope of authority). Creates companion reporting to measure impact, effectiveness, and Return on Investment (ROI) of goals and initiatives.
  • Other job-related duties as assigned.

Qualifications/ Experience:

• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development or related field from an accredited college or university is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
  • Two or more years of work within Organizational Development, Leadership Development and/or Human Resources required, with an emphasis on Organizational Development related tasks.
  • Expert level proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite.
  • Ideal candidate will possess the ability to maintain confidence with sensitive and private information.
  • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.

Compensation:
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply: 
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org link-MailTo.gif. The subject line of the email should state Associate Organizational & Leadership Dev. . (Internal applicants should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some joke about SMART goals goes here, but my eyes glazed over from the boilerplate description. I could honestly not figure out what this job was and how it has anything to do with boy scouts. O

To anyone interested in the position, Having worked at both a council and for national supply, I am going to quote what a longtime volunteer and mentor told me when I asked for his recommendation

Is this for real?  It almost seems like a parody of a corporate job description.  And to follow up on one of Eagle94-A1's points, not only is Scouting experience not required, Scouting is not even men

To anyone interested in the position,

Having worked at both a council and for national supply, I am going to quote what a longtime volunteer and mentor told me when I asked for his recommendation:

"HELL NO! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR [EXPLETIVE DELETED] MIND? ARE YOU INSANE? JESUS, HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL!"  

Yes the caps are deliberate.

What I find interesting is that no experience in the Scouting movement is required.

• Upvote 2

Is this for real?  It almost seems like a parody of a corporate job description.  And to follow up on one of Eagle94-A1's points, not only is Scouting experience not required, Scouting is not even mentioned in the overview, primary responsibilities or qualifications/experience.  Except for the one mention of the BSA under compensation, and the email address, this could be a posting for a job in any large organization.

And by the way, does the BSA really refer to their departments as "business units"?  Maybe they do, but it seems a little odd for a non-profit organization.

Edited by NJCubScouter
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

And by the way, does the BSA really refer to their departments as "business units"?  Maybe they do, but it seems a little odd for a non-profit organization.

Image result for and there's your problem

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, walk in the woods said:

A technology the vendor effectively abandon what, three years ago?

No joke, maybe I can apply online via their dial up modem using my Blackberry - 

You need to be have Expert level proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite. (which had the last release 6 years ago)

Adobe Creative Suite (CS) was a software suite of graphic design, video editing, and web development applications developed by Adobe Systems. Each edition consisted of several Adobe applications, e.g., Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere Pro or After Effects, InDesign, and Illustrator that are the industry standard applications for many graphic design positions.

The last of the Creative Suite versions, Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6), was launched at a release event on April 23, 2012, and released on May 7, 2012. CS6 was the last of the Adobe design tools to be physically shipped as boxed software as the model for future releases and updates would be delivered via download only.

On May 6, 2013 Adobe announced that CS6 would be the last version of the Creative Suite,and that future versions of their creative software would only be available via their Adobe Creative Cloud subscription model. Adobe also announced that it would continue to support CS6 and would provide bug fixes and security updates through the next major upgrades of both Mac and Windows operating systems (as of 2013).The Creative Suite packages were pulled from Adobe's online store in 2013, but were still available on their website until January 2017.

14 hours ago, TAHAWK said:

Position: Associate Organizational and Leadership Development 
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Human Resources
Position location: Irving, TX 75038

How to apply: 
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org link-MailTo.gif. The subject line of the email should state Associate Organizational & Leadership Dev. . (Internal applicants should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)

Well they requested a resume and April 1 is approaching. :rolleyes:

Some joke about SMART goals goes here, but my eyes glazed over from the boilerplate description. I could honestly not figure out what this job was and how it has anything to do with boy scouts.

Oh, I remember the joke now. This person must have leadership development experience and yet no knowledge of scouting. Looks like they want someone to work on the Wood Badge program.

• Haha 3

This would hardly be a job description from a successful corporation. More like a wanna-be organization drafting up something they THINK sounds important and businesslike, but is really a bunch of silly double-speak.

This smacks EXACTLY of the type of hazy, vague, ill-thought out stuff BSA spews on a regular basis. Go read any of their training curricula...it is just a cryptic.

• Upvote 1
On 2/19/2018 at 11:54 PM, TAHAWK said:

Ideal candidate will possess the ability to maintain confidence with sensitive and private information.

I don't know why they even bother saying that.  How do you know whether an applicant has that "ability," and what's really more to the point, whether they will exercise that "ability" and keep confidential information confidential?  The only way to really know for certain is after the person has leaked or misused confidential information.

I wonder if they already have the person in mind who they want to hire. They ask candidates to note if they are INTERNAL.

They might just be doing this search to say they did an open search for the job for HR purposes.

I will be interested in learning who gets the job.

• Upvote 1