As we know, today Feb 8, is the BSA birthday, mostly just a calendar reminder item these days. But I read this article and memories of Scouting long past surfaced. Thank you Bourbonnais,IL  Here is the excerpt, 

Kids take over

Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts will run the village on Feb. 10 for "Scout Week."

For about the past 40 years, the village has matched the scouts with department heads and allowed them to learn their duties.

"It's an opportunity for some of the scouts to show their leadership skills and learn a bit about their town," Schore said. "It's a hands-on civics course.

"I still run into scouts who did it 20 years ago. They still talk about how they got to be mayor or police chief for a day."

Happy Birthday BSA! Begun at exactly 11:03 am, February 8th, 1910. Here's to 108 more years of serving our nation and its youth!

I have sat at my computer for the last 15 minutes just to be sure I posted that at exactly the right time, lol.

19 minutes ago, The Latin Scot said:

Happy Birthday BSA! Begun at exactly 11:03 am, February 8th, 1910. Here's to 108 more years of serving our nation and its youth!

I have sat at my computer for the last 15 minutes just to be sure I posted that at exactly the right time, lol.

What time zone though was BSA founded in because it’s 2:22 here :confused: