Jameson76

Concerns with coed rules, leadership, liability

14 minutes ago, walk in the woods said:

Well, not really.  The change back could just as easily be, existing members can continue at their will, but we will no longer accept new female members.

You’ll make hundreds of these VERY happy with this strategy.  

66D1F4F2-4974-4CAF-B3F5-DDA1934BBA56.jpeg.a935b941b4567e0c2c1391c2ccd29bf0.jpeg

16 minutes ago, walk in the woods said:

Well, not really.  The change back could just as easily be, existing members can continue at their will, but we will no longer accept new female members.

Yes PR suicide. Knowing National they will do all co-ed, offend some boys who leave, change policy, offend the girls who came, and then change back ensuring they offend everyone and all donors. But Scouter Magazine will say every change and retraction is listening to what people want and it is all getting better and better. 

Don't be a doggie downer be a puppy upper! And remember we will always have Paris.

• Haha 1

The level of speculation in this thread is astonishing.  Now we are up to, what happens if the admission of girls (which has just barely started, and in only one of the two programs in which it will occur) does not work and the BSA tries to change back, what will happen then and what if someone sues?  Perhaps we should next consider if, after all of this happens, a huge asteroid collides with the Earth and destroys all life on our little planet.  What will the BSA's policy be then?  I mean, if you're going to speculate, you may as well speculate.  :)

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

The level of speculation in this thread is astonishing.  Now we are up to, what happens if the admission of girls (which has just barely started, and in only one of the two programs in which it will occur) does not work and the BSA tries to change back, what will happen then and what if someone sues?  Perhaps we should next consider if, after all of this happens, a huge asteroid collides with the Earth and destroys all life on our little planet.  What will the BSA's policy be then?  I mean, if you're going to speculate, you may as well speculate.  :)

Aliens, man. What if... aliens? 

;)

9 minutes ago, EmberMike said:

;)

As long as they are cool with the declaration of religious principle, I'll SM a patrol of them too!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, EmberMike said:

;)

Border wall all around the planet....   no, let's not go there this topic is more than a little crazy already 

Edited by Oldscout448
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, EmberMike said:

;)

Alien families have clearly spoken and they are the future of Scouting. 87 percent of alien families would join Scouting if given the chance (in separate Dens, of course).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been reading a lot of news coming out of Europe, it looks to me Co-Ed scouting works really well in Europe, I see no evidence Co-Ed scouting of being a problem in Europe.

Just now, cocomax said:

I have been reading a lot of news coming out of Europe, it looks to me Co-Ed scouting works really well in Europe, I see no evidence Co-Ed scouting of being a problem in Europe.

Only that it is not the same program that we've been running here.

1 minute ago, Col. Flagg said:

Only that it is not the same program that we've been running here.

In Europe the school system and mothers work very hard to soak young boys in feminine values like accepting responsibility for household chores, being caring, understanding and attentive, and bend to every wish of the woman. This has produced a generation of soft, insecure men, who are out of touch with their masculine nature, identity and strength. This allows them to work really well with co-ed groups without any problems.

However here in the USA there are still a large number of  men and boys that suffering from toxic masculinity, including myself.  There are a bunch of them in the Boy Scouts, boys and old scouters. 

If the boys don't like what the BSA is doing and get upset about it they will quietly just walk away,  go camping with their dad,  join sports teams and play video games and let the girls have the Boy Scouts. The boys have no real voice in the BSA other than walking away.    

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, cocomax said:

In Europe the school system and mothers work very hard to soak young boys in feminine values like accepting responsibility for household chores, being caring, understanding and attentive, and bend to every wish of the woman. This has produced a generation of soft, insecure men, who are out of touch with their masculine nature, identity and strength...

Yeah, we wouldn't want our scouts to pick up on any of that garbage, right? Being responsible, doing chores, caring about others, being attentive. That would be awful. 

:confused:

• Upvote 3