Finally joining the forum!

Hi everyone, I have been following this forum off and on for the past 6 months, and figured that it was time to join.

My past scouting experience has been a great deal of fun, and of course a little bit of frustration. I was a cub scout drop out after 4 weeks, because I hated the uniform. That was it for me and Scouts when I was a kid. Then many years later my 7 year old son comes home from school and says that he wants to join cub scouts. So he goes and I follow along, helping out with den meetings and being bored at pack meetings. One year later the cubmaster leaves after his son bridges, and I end up becoming the cubmaster. I spend the next 3 years as cubmaster, and have a lot of fun doing it, and while working with others in the pack saw it double in size.

After my son bridged I became an ASM of his Troop, and have been enjoying it for the past 4 years. I have been having a blast, and enjoy being able to watch my son from a distance on the different trips that we go on. I have recently completed my last woodbadge ticket, and should be getting beaded within the next couple of months. (What a great course!) I am also going to Jamboree this summer along with my son. I will be working at the Western Region Action Center.

I look forward to taking part in these forums. Hopefully I can provide some suggestions and help to others.

Glad to see that you joined.

We are hoping to have a forum I'm not sure what you would call it? It's not a reunion as we have never met? Maybe meet up? At the Jambo.

I will be camping with troop 412 in the NE Region, Hops is there, Bobwhite will be there, Beaver is bringing the cookies. My little Lad (only 60 pounds heavier than the old man!!) Will be staffing in the NER Action Center. Should be a really nice get to know each other.

Eamonn