Girl Scout sold cookies outside Medical Marijuana Dispensary

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, my!  I just saw a Girl Scout selling cookies outside a DRUG store!  They have federally controlled substances in there!  Just like medical marijuana.  What's the world coming to???

So popcorn sales outside a liquor store, smoke shop, or adult book/movie store would be good in your book? Legal commercial activity? Yes. Fitting with the program? No.

Only if the knot is made from hemp.

1 minute ago, Pselb said:

How can it stay a local option when it makes national news?  Leaving everything to local option can turn into a PR nightmare.

I am referring to the lack of an apparent National policy and this comment.

“This is kind of a community issue,” said Mike Lopes, a spokesman for the Girl Scouts of the USA. “For the most part, it’s not any different than selling in front of any other kind of shop. It just happens to be a marijuana dispensary.”

and that some California Councils have allowed it , Colorado went back and forth.

4 hours ago, Col. Flagg said:

What was so disrespectful in my response? Really?

Must have been mine as it was deleted. I asked if someone was willing to have their son sell popcorn outside the gentleman's club. Why it was deleted is beyond me as long as we are dealing in hypotheticals and trying to determine just where the line of acceptability is going to be drawn.

Heavy-handed moderators at their best.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Disappointing that some have taken this discussion off the rails with exaggerated, explicit examples that have no place in a topic about Girl Scouts, let alone a scouter forum. Too bad, as this OP story is still developing.

If you don't want to follow the Scout Oath and Law in writing a post, your post will be removed.

It is that simple.

Topic is locked .

Edited by RememberSchiff
Moderators agreed on decision to lock topic.
  • Downvote 1