This afternoon I've received an email from my DC, which came from the Council Commissioner, etc. about the launch of the new YPT.  This blurb was in the FAQ Attachment

By October 1, 2018, all new and currently registered leaders will be required to complete the updated
training. The enhanced and updated content will allow leaders and councils to comply with all current
legal requirements. While this may be inconvenient for some, it reflects the BSA’s commitment to the
safety of all youth.

I haven't logged in yet to see if it's available.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Venturing one addresses age related stuff that doesn't match cub scout aged kids and issues to watch for.

I am finding out this process is dragging and dragging.  I noticed on my BeAScout page the option of Boy or Boy/Girl and so when I approached the council about it ( I am a DC) they said they aren't ac

On-line version needs to be scrapped.  Instructions from nice lady at National (after 13 minute wait) began with instruction NOT to select on-line guide  to taking the training as it takes one in a ci

YPT videos are always entertaining, assume this will cover the updates to the Girls in Cubs requirements.  Would be good if they had updates for coed family Girls in Separate Troops :) option.  Most likely there will be a 2019 revision 

I took the new YPT2 this weekend - though the rules are the same the material in the training is MUCH more detailed.  Lots of focus on bullying and on the bad guys being people known to the kids/families.  Several people telling (a version of) their story.  IMHO neither the content nor the presentation are suitable for kids.

The material I received from the office (Im council training chair) said that resources for group-presentation of the training will be available in June and the youth version of the training will be available in 2019.  No other info regarding how the youth version might be organized re: different ages or programs.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, jjlash said:

I took the new YPT2 this weekend - though the rules are the same the material in the training is MUCH more detailed.  Lots of focus on bullying and on the bad guys being people known to the kids/families.  Several people telling (a version of) their story.  IMHO neither the content nor the presentation are suitable for kids.

The material I received from the office (Im council training chair) said that resources for group-presentation of the training will be available in June and the youth version of the training will be available in 2019.  No other info regarding how the youth version might be organized re: different ages or programs.

Thanks for the info!

56 minutes ago, jjlash said:

Is this included in the online training as well?

1 minute ago, NJCubScouter said:

Is this included in the online training as well?

Is what included - the info about group presentations and youth versions?  No.  There was a set of documents that came from the office of the CSE.  Ive put the files on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BXua6tNB3jQ1h8f30SOgRQvltjnmu1KK?usp=sharing

Oh Yeah - the kicker that I forgot to mention.  From the document:

By October 1, 2018, all new and currently registered leaders will be required to complete the updated training. The enhanced and updated content will allow leaders and councils to comply with all current legal requirements. While this may be inconvenient for some, it reflects the BSA’s commitment to the safety of all youth.

I would encourage everyone to not jump the gun.  As council training chair I am getting my folks up to speed first so that when we start promoting it to the unit leaders we can answer any questions they have.  Please give your training folks time to get ahead of this so they can support you.

4 minutes ago, jjlash said:

Is what included - the info about group presentations and youth versions?  No.  There was a set of documents that came from the office of the CSE.  Ive put the files on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BXua6tNB3jQ1h8f30SOgRQvltjnmu1KK?usp=sharing

What I mean is, if I go online right now to take YPT, am I going to find a new, longer presentation or the same-old 30 minute one with the 25 quiz questions?

6 minutes ago, jjlash said:

I would encourage everyone to not jump the gun.  As council training chair I am getting my folks up to speed first so that when we start promoting it to the unit leaders we can answer any questions they have.  Please give your training folks time to get ahead of this so they can support you.

I plan on ignoring it completely until someone tells me I have to do something.  :)

• Upvote 1