Date of BSA online advancement tool being turned off

3 hours ago, MattR said:

Or, if you're okay with using computers, just go back to packmaster until scoutbook is in better shape. They have good software. Tell the cubmaster you've got it, as she has more important things to do than deal with computers.

Scoutbook has become a third rail item at roundtable.

We're no longer licensed to use Packmaster, and only the Arrow of Light den leader (who was also the advancement chair) entered anything last year.   No going back to it, which is why I created Excel sheets that duplicate the individual history report.  I've been taking those reports and manually entering the achievements into Internet Advancement, so that there's some kind of record for the boys.  One of our den leaders hasn't submitted anything at all this year, but just went out and bought all the belt loops and Wolf ranks and handed them out to his boys.  When I told him the ranks are usually done at Blue and Gold he said, "Blue and Gold is stupid."

Sometimes it's tempting to throw the towel in.  We're slowly pulling things together, though.

This seems worth noting (from the BSA announcement of the change):

"Once Scoutbook Lite is released, the Scoutbook database will become the official record of advancement for the BSA."

Do they mean Scoutbook Lite, or is Lite a way into the sole and only official advancement record, Scoutbook?

Edited by TAHAWK
12 hours ago, swilliams said:

Is there a thread on this forum about the details of using Scoutbook?  

Yes.  In scoutbook, the forums contain the info and the documentation.  It is far from an ideal, practical or good situation.  But it is what it is.  You can search and find stuff.

A TRICK you should know about ... Some commentators in the forum have an icon for "ScoutBook user Advisory Council.".  If you click that patch, it takes you to this set of four page ... where all the documentation exists. 

https://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/forums/using-scoutbook/86040/suac-scoutbook-faq-and-resources-table-of-contents/

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, TAHAWK said:

This seems worth noting (from the BSA announcement of the change):

"Once Scoutbook Lite is released, the Scoutbook database will become the official record of advancement for the BSA."

Do they mean Scoutbook Lite, or is Lite a way into the sole and only official advancement record, Scoutbook?

It looks like Scoutbook Lite is the database, and Scoutbook is a more comprehensive tool for your Troop or Pack to do things like send out email, keep a calendar, etc., as well as enter your records.  (Someone please correct that if I'm wrong, since I've not used either.  This is just what the info out there points to.)