STEM Scouts continues to grow

1 hour ago, Jameson76 said:

Assuming this meets the mission

The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.

Wonder if the nice lady doing science experiments in her kitchen is aware of the mission, or the Scout oath and law?

I suspect we will be doing sports leagues next, though probably, somewhere, that is happening

Well why wouldn't it meet the mission of the Boy Scouts of America.  If all the activities that Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers and Sea Scout do, very few of which directly prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law, then surely these activities do as well.  I wonder how many Cub Scout Den Leaders know what the mission of the Boy Scouts of America is.  I wonder how many Troop leaders actually know what the mission of the Boy Scouts of America is. 

Just now, CalicoPenn said:

I wonder how many Troop leaders actually know what the mission of the Boy Scouts of America is. 

Having been a on the Council and District Training committee and done a good deal of training, I can say far, far fewer than I expected.

• Sad 1