I am serving as the Scoutmaster for a NYLT Course, and am  looking for ideas for gifts to give to 'my' staff.  I anticipate that the gifts will be different for adult staff and youth staff.

Because of changes in Council, the gifts will not be setting or continuing a tradition, which precludes things such as a stave with badges added each year.  The gifts must be of moderate cost as they are coming out of my pocket.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Birddog

23 minutes ago, gooddog said:

I am serving as the Scoutmaster for a NYLT Course, and am  looking for ideas for gifts to give to 'my' staff.  I anticipate that the gifts will be different for adult staff and youth staff.

Because of changes in Council, the gifts will not be setting or continuing a tradition, which precludes things such as a stave with badges added each year.  The gifts must be of moderate cost as they are coming out of my pocket.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Birddog

When I was OWLS course director I made these for my staff and they loved them.  Just a thought.  If you stain the inside a different color than the outside, it blows their minds.  I hand lettered the course and year with a pen.  They all appreciated them.

• Upvote 1

Neckerchief slide woggles.   Many opportunities for leather kits,  burn in the date, event...   Very traditional. 

Troop had a canoe trip that was "memorable"  in the wrong way.  I went to the Scoutshop, found a leather Scout symbol (fleur de lis?) and realized with some judicious snipping, and hanging it up side down it could be a canoe and paddle!  A little pen lettering and a hole punch, Presto! A pocket patch for them that survived! 

If you have a large enough Staff, and you want a "professional" job (uhh?),  there are companies out there that will do the necker  or woggle  for a price.   I remember receiving a "Smokey Bear" hat woggle for a Camporee (must be in my shoe boxes somewhere) that I wore with pride....