Does GSUSA support gay rights?

I know BSA has been slowly supporting, by recently accepting homosexual scouts, and off topic, girls. 

Did a quick search and couldn’t find everything about it.

If not, when/If will GSUSA accept boys or homosexuals?

I don't think the GSUSA will ever accept boys as members.  I don't think it's even an issue within that organization.

As for "homosexuals," they dropped their policy of excluding "homosexuals" long before the BSA did.  

Not that I'm an expert on GSUSA.  Both my daughters quit the Girl Scouts more than 20 years ago.  But that's what I've read.

• Thanks 1

GSUSA has had a long-standing policy of inclusiveness when it comes to sexual orientation. It goes back to at least the 90s, although really they had the policy all along, as there was no ban on the books. 

I don't think they ever had a policy on transgender scouts either, but there was an issue in 2011 where a girl was kicked out and then later re-admitted, so I guess you could say their policy became more "official" at that time. 

They won't allow boys. There's no need to. I know this will sound kind of jerky, but... there aren't any boys that want to get in to GSUSA. Unless they change their own policy to try competing with the BSA, there's not much incentive to do anything different than they are today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, NJCubScouter said:

I don't think the GSUSA will ever accept boys as members.  I don't think it's even an issue within that organization.

As for "homosexuals," they dropped their policy of excluding "homosexuals" long before the BSA did.  

Not that I'm an expert on GSUSA.  Both my daughters quit the Girl Scouts more than 20 years ago.  But that's what I've read.

GSUSA does take transgendered "girls,"  which are boys who think they are girls.