YP Cub Camping

Planning our Pack Family Cabin Campout and wanted to run a question by everyone.

We have one scout who attends most day events, but can never get his family to spend the night.  Through discussion with the parents, the DL seems to think it's a matter of extreme conservativeness/shyness, but not a religious one, that the parents are reluctant to  spend the night in group cabins (even with segregated mens/womens areas).

Since it's still cold up here in the north, we usually do Cabin Camping in the early spring.  However, to get this family included, I was going to put out the offer for families to set their tents up outside the cabin. 

If the family took that option, would you require their scout (Webelos) to sleep with the family in the tent, or allow him to sleep with the other boys in the cabin?  Obviously the "safest" option is that the scout sleeps w/ his parents, but if he slept in the Cabin, would this be much different than a Scout that's sleeping on the other side of the cabin from where his Mom (only parent) is sleeping?

Next year my boy will be in Webelos, I'm sure his experience will be restricted due to the fact that my wife and I don't participate.  I have no idea how many others out there feel as I do, but I'm sure there are many single parents and professional parents that don't have the time to participate in a youth program.  When he gets to the point where he will not be able to attend activities without a parent involved, he will lose interest and move on to other activities that are geared just for him.

6 hours ago, Pale Horse said:

If the family took that option, would you require their scout (Webelos) to sleep with the family in the tent, or allow him to sleep with the other boys in the cabin?  Obviously the "safest" option is that the scout sleeps w/ his parents, but if he slept in the Cabin, would this be much different than a Scout that's sleeping on the other side of the cabin from where his Mom (only parent) is sleeping?

My Webelos sleep with their buddy.  Mom and Dad doesn't have to attend if they don't want to.  #WebelosTransition

I don't think there is anything in the G2SS that says a scout has to tent with his parents.  Just that the only adults he can tent with are his own parents.

I think he's fine to say in the cabin with the other boys.