Pack Coed Campout

Looks like the "Show Me State" can show other packs how it is done.

Springfield's largest cub scout pack, held its first coed camp-out in Camp Arrowhead cabins this weekend with boys and girls playing games and practiced survival skills .

WARNING: Story includes an account of Bobcat Flipping. - :D

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/pack-289-hosts-first-coed-winter-campout/942794908

10 minutes ago, Hawkwin said:

Also looks like the reporter didn't get the memo that the quoted girls are "Cub Scouts" not a "Girl Scouts."

Brave new world....just roll with it

7 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

Yes, and the terminology seems awkward and/or incorrect throughout the article.

Well, it's a feel good piece, let's all just get on board to the coed single gender dens and coed single gender troops concepts

"Girl Scouts" . . .   it looks like we already have a bad case of brand confusion. Which is bad for the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts.

Question is what will happen when it comes to brand confusion next year when the Girl Boy Scouts start up?

6 minutes ago, cocomax said:

"Girl Scouts" . . .   it looks like we already have a bad case of brand confusion. Which is bad for the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts.

Question is what will happen when it comes to brand confusion next year when the Girl Boy Scouts start up?

I think it depends largely on what name they come up with for the new girls-only program.  I don't think it is going to be any of the names that have been suggested in this forum for the past few months, including ones suggested mostly-jokingly by me.  Hopefully they will come up with something brilliant.

3 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

National needs an upbeat  promo for the early adopters ...maybe something like this...

Then it leads to this

DAVE:  Open the pod bay doors, Hal. 
HAL:  I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that. 
DAVE:  What’s the problem? 
HAL:  l think you know what the problem is just as well as l do. 
DAVE:  What are you talking about, Hal? 
HAL:  This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it. 
DAVE:  I don’t know what you're talking about, Hal. 
HAL:  l know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I’m afraid that's something I can’t allow to happen. 
DAVE:  Where the hell’d you get that idea, Hal? 
HAL:  Although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move. 
DAVE:  All right, Hal. I’ll go in through the emergency air lock. 
HAL:  Without your space helmet, Dave, you’re going to find that rather difficult. 
DAVE:  Hal, I won’t argue with you anymore. Open the doors! 
HAL:  Dave...This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

1 minute ago, Tampa Turtle said:

"No genders, just Scouts" program

"Separate but equal, equal but different" scout program

"Real Girl Scouting"

The "We don't know what to call this, and what the heck troops are gonna do what they want anyway...so Enjoy program"

• Upvote 1