National Camp School Patch

I have a National Camp School (NCS) and uniforming question for those with a little more background in this than me. The other day, our council's camping director asked me to come on as our Cub Scout resident camp program director, perks of being retired and having more time I guess :). I put down my deposit to go to NCS for Program Director training and began recruiting staff for this summer.

Here's my question: should chaplains and camp commissioners wear the NCS emblem even though they now go through council-delivered training for their positions?

IF they went to NCS, then they are entitled to wear it. If not, then no.

What I'm interested in is why they are charging you to attend NCS for the resident camp? Normally that is something budgeted by council and paid for by them.

The reason I ask specifically is that NCS training for camp commissioners and chaplains is no longer done at at national/regional level. They passed it on down to councils to put on. I'm not sure whether to order NCS patches for our chaplain and camp commissioners once they do their training though.

On a side note @Eagle94-A1, our council has budgeted for NCS for their year. They just like for their individuals to "put down the deposit so you're committed". I don't see the harm in paying $50 out-of-pocket when the council will pay for the rest (easily several hundred more), and I know at our summer camp that they'll reimburse the staff members if they stay on for the full summer.

Edited by 4CouncilsScouter

Regarding the deposit, gotcha. Yes I have heard of someone who agreed to work camp, went to NCS, then backed out after NCS, putting camp in a pickle. Reimbursement is good.

Regarding NCS patches, I stil don't think so. If the training is like camp medical officers, online, then no patch.

@Eagle94-A1, that's kinda of where I'm at patch-wise. Playing devil's advocate though, the Chaplain/Camp Commissioner training is listed in the National Camp School brochure and trainings' syllabi are posted only on NCS's website. I'd be curious to see what our council camping chair has to say or area NCAP chair has to say.