Pack YP equal or double standard

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed.  To me this should be the policy going forward for Cub Scouts.  I understand there may Be impacts to some dens, but we should encourage dads to volunteer.  I honestly have no problem with requ

No. That is what you inferred. I said that the Oath and Law implies we -- all Scouts and Scouter, including national and our national leaders -- treat everyone equally. I also said that while "eq

Venturing has equal protection. If only guys attend an event either male or female leaders can attend, but there must be at least one male leaders. Same if all girls attend, a minimum or one female le

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Back Pack said:

So you can have two women run an all boy den but have to have a woman present if the girls den leaders are men?

Since I am at work I really just sped through the video with the sound off.  I saw some slides about leadership requirements but I didn't see what you are talking about.  At what time in the video was that?  (Or did one of the speakers say it without the words being on the screen, in which case I wouldn't have heard it since I had the sound off.)

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, NJCubScouter said:

Since I am at work I really just sped through the video with the sound off.  I saw some slides about leadership requirements but I didn't see what you are talking about.  At what time in the video was that?  (Or did one of the speakers say it without the words being on the screen, in which case I wouldn't have heard it since I had the sound off.)

5:44 there’s a big graphic. 

Yep, I commented on the double standard with 2 females can lead an all male den, but a female MUST be present for an all girl den a few weeks ago when the early adapter program info came out to execs. Sad thing is that NO ONE except @Back Pack and I seem to have a problem with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

Yep, I commented on the double standard with 2 females can lead an all male den, but a female MUST be present for an all girl den a few weeks ago when the early adapter program info came out to execs. Sad thing is that NO ONE except @Back Pack and I seem to have a problem with it.

Maybe some people consider it a moot point because they have no intention of having a girl den.

27 minutes ago, Back Pack said:

5:44 there’s a big graphic. 

Evidently I skimmed too fast.

I can understand why they are requiring that for the girl dens.  There's no denying that it isn't the same as for boy dens.  I guess each person is going to have a different opinion about whether that's a problem, and how big of a problem.

• Upvote 1
Just now, David CO said:

Maybe some people consider it a moot point because they have no intention of having a girl den.

Nope. Some of the comments  not online were, "It's not a big deal." and 'I don't think parents would go for 2 guys being leaders for their daughter." Online it's been "

let's talk about society in general.  According to this --  Child sex abusers are "overwhelmingly male, ranging from adolescents to the elderly." 
http://victimsofcrime.org/media/reporting-on-child-sexual-abuse/statistics-on-perpetrators-of-csa

So, if the goal is risk mitigation, I can understand it. "

and

a female Den Leader working with boys, I have never really been alone with boys.  There are always parents around, "

And I forgot to add Stosh recognized the irony too.

and

"Parents of girls will be protective of them, and a cautious parent will not let a male leader be alone with a group of 6 year old girls, whether its in the policies or not.  They'll show up. "

36 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

ad thing is that NO ONE except @Back Pack and I seem to have a problem with it.

Don't assume a lack of response is a lack of a problem. I don't care for the double standard either but I also don't read every post (and I assume I am not the only one).

47 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

Evidently I skimmed too fast.

I can understand why they are requiring that for the girl dens.  There's no denying that it isn't the same as for boy dens.  I guess each person is going to have a different opinion about whether that's a problem, and how big of a problem.

I think a few of you owe that post in the other thread about girls getting what they want an apology. Clearly men are treated different than wormen and boys different than girls. That should be a problem for everyone here. 

1 hour ago, Back Pack said:

Clearly men are treated different than women and boys different than girls. That should be a problem for everyone here. 

Not for me. Boys and girls are not the same. They should be treated differently.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, David CO said:

Not for me. Boys and girls are not the same. They should be treated differently.

So we don’t trust two men with a girls den but we trust two women with a boy den. That’s called a double standard. It’s wrong. 

• Upvote 3