Scouts Deciding On Their ES Project

1 hour ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

Project had meaning and wasn't because it was easy effort. Heard some Christmas horror stories about poor kids, in the hospital, for Christmas. That got the idea going. Good bit of work advertising, collecting, and especially cleaning ( was collecting new and "gently used" toys and had to be cleaned to hospital standards, and even then, I think they took them somewhere to be sterilized) the toys. Then distributing them. That was heartwrenching. 

See, that is something to be proud of. Maybe it’s not as difficult and requires many funds unlike the projects said above, but you made a huge impact. Maybe bigger than most.

On 1/24/2018 at 3:01 PM, ItsBrian said:

I don’t like collection drives either. It doesn’t prove Leadership and it’s nothing meaningful in my opinion. My troop has two clothing drives a year, but don’t see us using it as a Eagle Scout Project.

I think it can definitely prove leadership, but it would have to be pretty well planned to do so.  

On 1/24/2018 at 7:58 PM, Eagle94-A1 said:

Project had meaning and wasn't because it was easy effort. Heard some Christmas horror stories about poor kids, in the hospital, for Christmas. That got the idea going. Good bit of work advertising, collecting, and especially cleaning ( was collecting new and "gently used" toys and had to be cleaned to hospital standards, and even then, I think they took them somewhere to be sterilized) the toys. Then distributing them. That was heartwrenching. 

To me the above project is pretty involved and would take leadership, especially due to the requirements for cleanliness, etc.