Eagle Scout Application Filing Fee

27 minutes ago, MattR said:

Related story: My council is changing FOS to some other acronym. Not only that but next year each unit will be sent a bill for $200/scout. They can donate the money or sell popcorn or any of the other council fundraising. 

That's nuts. My Venture Crew of 12 would probably fold if our Council pulled that.

Edited by an_old_DC
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Troop would pay the fee - and end all participation in Friends of Scouting.

I am already having challenges with national's new fee. Charge my son for his Eagle application, and you can kiss not only FOS, but all participation in district/council level activities, except for f

That sub reddit is wrong. I am IN Orange County Council, and if you read my post earlier in this thread, you will see there is no such fee being charged here.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, MattR said:

Related story: My council is changing FOS to some other acronym. Not only that but next year each unit will be sent a bill for $200/scout. They can donate the money or sell popcorn or any of the other council fundraising. So last night at our district council meeting we were talking about girls and I asked what the GS council charges each youth. They looked at me funny so I explained to them that there are all these great plans for adding girls but do they know about this charge? If money is an issue and they have to raise $200 per scout to stay in the BSA but could sign up for probably much less if they go with GS, I asked them what they think the parents will do.

You are kidding? $200 per Scout? I’d drive to the next council and go lone scout. 

Our council has been $144/yr for youth for National and Council dues for a couple of years now. It hasn't effected our existing scout numbers, just made fundraising for other stuff harder. That extra $111 to council that we get almost nothing for makes it harder to have higher troop dues for program.

32 minutes ago, oldbuzzard said:

Our council has been $144/yr for youth for National and Council dues for a couple of years now. It hasn't effected our existing scout numbers, just made fundraising for other stuff harder. That extra $111 to council that we get almost nothing for makes it harder to have higher troop dues for program.

I wouldn’t pay it out of principle. It’s not right or honest to compel people to pay for council operations if they can’t manage their own finances well. That’s a huge amount of money.