Louisiana Camp Sites

It's Perkinston, MS but it's 30 minutes of Picayune, MS is Salemen Scout Reservation. 1600+ acres of devoloped and undeveloped camping. Forgot the state park's name, but it's in Houma, LA. did SM fundamental camping portion there.

Give me some time to get unwind and get my scrap book. I'll post what I can. Need more coffee, especally after the lcok in.

Looks good and while I said Louisiana, I should have stated within 4 hour travel range from Baton Rouge, we usually do the weekend trips leaving Friday evening around 6pm, coming home on Sundays are no problem, thanks.

Edited by daimyo
4 hour travel range period, not just louisiana
On 1/20/2018 at 1:19 PM, daimyo said:

Where do you all camp outside the scout camps, we have have done clinton, chicot, tickfaw to death, any site need s to be within 4 hour ride from baton rouge.

Sabine National Forest is nice. Can camp, canoe and water sports. 

@daimyo, I came up through Scouting in the New Orleans Area Council (now Southeast Louisiana Council), and we often camped in Mississippi or the Florida/Alabama Gulf Coast.  But I think one of the most memorable trips my Troop took was to the Tuxachanie Trail.  We parked the cars at a trailhead and backpacked into the woods, camped two nights on the trail, and then hiked back to the cars.  I remember using just a visqueen tarp as a shelter, all rolled up in it like a cocoon.  When I woke up my Patrol mates were laughing at me because my sweatshirt hood, which was fastened tight around my face, had a think coating of ice from my breath.  :laugh:

BTW, I also camped at Tickfaw SP one time.  It wasn't my favorite, so I can see why you'd want to go somewhere else.   

Our Troop also frequented Bogue Chitto SP.  

Both @Eagle94-A1 and I share a fondness for Salmen Scout Reservation in MS, as we both went there as youth.