Who is headed to NOAC 2018?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like a violation of the Guide to Safe Scouting. 

Have been enjoying NOAC this week.  Some rain, but weather cleared up and has been nice.  All very well organized from what I’ve seen, smaller than last one, but the “normal” size didn’t seem to dimin

I was there. Super busy though. It was my first NOAC so I attended as many seminars and events as I could. I was especially intrigued to join the LodgeMaster developer group to see what I can contribu

• 6 months later...

Have been enjoying NOAC this week.  Some rain, but weather cleared up and has been nice.  All very well organized from what I’ve seen, smaller than last one, but the “normal” size didn’t seem to diminish the quality of the events, shows, etc.  All seem to be having a great time, as am I.  Wide range of Scouters here, from Council Presidents to Scoutmasters, to those super involved OA advisors.  Youth leaders very impressive, their speeches have been awesome and inspiring.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Setonfan said:

Guess no one else is here from the forum, but this has been awesome.  Interesting  all here seem to be all in favor of girls joining Scouting.  

Thanks for being our guy on the inside.

O/A Chiefs tried to be in the vanguard in the nineties by honoring female Explorers. But their advisors at the time closed that loophole. That's when all of the a-program-for-Boy-Scouting claptrap became dogma.

I'm glad to hear that attitudes have shifted. But I suspect some of that is due to those who wanted to exclude girls without saying so moving on to other organization. We can only hope the program along with the people in it engages today's girls (and their brothers).

On 8/3/2018 at 8:23 PM, Setonfan said:

Guess no one else is here from the forum, but this has been awesome.  Interesting  all here seem to be all in favor of girls joining Scouting.  

Glad you went.

Inquiring minds want to know, what was decided on OA and helping with webelo bridging? Can they use their regalia?

Thanks!

I was there. Super busy though. It was my first NOAC so I attended as many seminars and events as I could. I was especially intrigued to join the LodgeMaster developer group to see what I can contribute after spending the last 20+ years in enterprise applications. I met a lot of devoted Scouts & Scouters throughout my travels at NOAC.

We took a charter bus from the Illowa Council. The ride there was uneventful. The ride back was very warm at first with the AC being out on the bus. The AC was eventually repaired. "NOAC" on the way home was referred to as "NO AC."

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, MattR said:

Glad you went.

Inquiring minds want to know, what was decided on OA and helping with webelo bridging? Can they use their regalia?

Thanks!

No regalia for AOL or Cross over ceremonies. There is only one approved script. It is more like the court of honor in which you light a candle for each rank. 

6 minutes ago, krikkitbot said:

No regalia for AOL or Cross over ceremonies. There is only one approved script. It is more like the court of honor in which you light a candle for each rank. 

@krikkitbot, were you at a session or seminar of NOAC that discussed this?