If it's not a story you'd say around your Scouts, then it's not something we should have on the forum. That's been the unofficial standard since I joined. I&P has been a bit of an exception since most of us don't talk politics around our Scouts. Obviously if @Tampa Turtle wants to share his story with @Back Pack in a PM that's fair game. I found it humorous before it was hidden, but not really appropriate for a public Scouting forum.

Has nothing to do with the "kids table." Even though Scouter.com is not an official BSA publication, we still need to represent the movement well. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Sentinel947 said:

If it's not a story you'd say around your Scouts, then it's not something we should have on the forum. That's been the unofficial standard since I joined. I&P has been a bit of an exception since most of us don't talk politics around our Scouts. Obviously if @Tampa Turtle wants to share his story with @Back Pack in a PM that's fair game. I found it humorous before it was hidden, but not really appropriate for a public Scouting forum.

Has nothing to do with the "kids table." Even though Scouter.com is not an official BSA publication, we still need to represent the movement well. 

Well I have told the story at a campfire with some older scouts but I get you. Moving on.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

...A Girl Boy Scout, a Venturer, and a Sea Scout walk into a bar tent. The Sea Scout is wearing a MAGA hat and says I need a drink dutch oven...

This is why you get into trouble.

1 minute ago, Stosh said:

This is why you get into trouble.

Have you been talking to my wife?

You know some of the best campfire scout stories end up not being PG..I guess you have to go out at an actual campfire to hear them in person. Another benefit of the outdoor program.

16 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

Have you been talking to my wife?

You know some of the best campfire scout stories end up not being PG..I guess you have to go out at an actual campfire to hear them in person. Another benefit of the outdoor program.

I've been in Boy Scouts for the last 15 years, I don't think I've ever heard any Scout or adult tell a campfire story involving sexual organs, butts and where to stick them, but I concede that my experience may not be typical. Lots of potty humor and inappropriate jokes. Can definitely say my friends and I in scouts told each other jokes far more R rated than the one you just posted, but I don't think we'd dare say them in front of the adults. :p 

Our Troop has a bit of a tradition in Eagle Court of Honors where the Scout asks his parents to speak a few kind words and a Scoutmaster or ASM to do a "roast" of sorts. Always funny. My favorite even has a name. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It's of course, a story about large amounts of vomit. 

16 minutes ago, Sentinel947 said:

I've been in Boy Scouts for the last 15 years, I don't think I've ever heard any Scout or adult tell a campfire story involving sexual organs, butts and where to stick them, but I concede that my experience may not be typical. Lots of potty humor and inappropriate jokes. Can definitely say my friends and I in scouts told each other jokes far more R rated than the one you just posted, but I don't think we'd dare say them in front of the adults. :p 

Our Troop has a bit of a tradition in Eagle Court of Honors where the Scout asks his parents to speak a few kind words and a Scoutmaster or ASM to do a "roast" of sorts. Always funny. My favorite even has a name. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It's of course, a story about large amounts of vomit. 

Well the scamp in my (censored) story was so dang cute that it seemed really not that vulgar to me. I may have used some safer euphemisms around the campfire.  I hear worse on long backpacking trips for whatever reason.

Usually are 'naughty' stories are similar dealing with cat hole mishaps, latrine explosions, or tics/critters affixing themselves to 'extremely inconvenient places') Occasionally they make it to an ECOH and skirt the edge of shocking the moms. Good fun.

One change in all that is once you get one mom hanging around the scouts campfire those stories don't get told. Everyone clams up. 

• Upvote 1