At work I use an analog watch, gold with simple black leather band. For Scouting, though, I have an Indiglo Timex with digital compass. Also keep a clip on watch (with compass on the band) in my pack as a backup. This in addtion to the spare compasses I carry, including my prized Cammenga lensatic compass. Can't have too many compasses! Well, maybe.

What a timely thread. I just realized the other day that I rarely wear my watch any more. At work, I've got clocks all over the place, and when I'm tooling about, my cell phone has a clock on it. I always carry it in my backpack, but it's almost never on my wrist.

I've had the same watch for about 6 years. It's a Wenger Swiss Army watch, analog, with one of those titanium-looking brushed metal bands. It has a date window, but I can barely see the darn thing, especially in low light situations, without my glasses on. It must have gotten smaller since I got it, 'cuz I could see it fine when I bought it.

I bought little KS a pretty slick Timex outdoors watch with a built-in digital compass a couple months ago. It was on the clearance table at Sports Authority for just $28. It's quite accurate, although the setup took a little doing.

KS

My first real watch was a little Timex digital with indiglo, second time zone, complete date, day of week, stop watch, timer and alarm, and a plastic band. At a OA Lodge fellowship a couple of years back I had volunteered to be head cook/menu planner/purchasing agent (that was a real challenge for youth new to the lodge that had never planned anything larger than a troop outing) and I was sleeping in the dining hall pantry. I did this so I could keep tabs on everything that went on in the kitchen that weekend and to make certain I woke up in time start cooking breakfast. Unfortunately, I woke up during the night, used the indiglow to check the time, and the glow got stuck in the on position. I did everything I could to turn it off, but come morning the thing had run down the battery. Since then I replaced the battery and the old band with a cloth/velcro one which is very comfortable but gets to smelling funny after being worn very long, so now it works fine, unfortunately, all the paint has been worn off so it looks a bit sad.

I also have a Ducks Unlimited analog watch, but the lens has become badly scratched.

I have a very heavy Swiss Army steal analog watch with steal band. It includes the day of the month, and the hands and numbers glow.

For those occasions that require something a bit nicer, I wear the Eagle Scout watch from Citizen.